NuBot development roadmap - From 0.1 to 1.0

Damn - I didn’t check the official documentation again… my bad.
It looks great!

I think the last remark I appended to the gist is useful and could be included to the documentation:

1 Like

I installed 0.3.2. The GUI launcher does not launch when I click either on “import json file” or “configure from scratch”. I am on mac. Any idea?

EDIT: It is probably because I do not have nu installed :sweat_smile:

This thread is to discuss the roadmap . Please follow steps explained in setup tutorial.

1 Like

Feature Request:
Every x minutes, if the price has not changed (think fiat pegs) and the account has a balance on either the buy or sell side bigger than y (y can be hardcoded), replace all orders as if there was a bot restart.

is that to facilitate competition with multiple custodians, right? For volatile-pegs a similar system its already implement that introduce random sleep times after receiving a price shift suggestion from push service. For fiat, actually for USD, there is already an open ticket. Will prioritize it in the following version since it has been requested.

I don’t think that’s what I’m suggesting, kind of the opposite. I’m asking that every so often, even if there is no price shift suggestion, the bot replaces orders. So the thought came from this thread, but it’s something I’ve been thinking about:

Anyway, it sounds like y’all have recognized the problem in USD pegs. That makes sense, I’m sure you’ll figure it out there.

1 Like

I don’t see in roadmap a login screen in web browser with failed attempt lock and timer expiration.
It isn’t considered as a security issue?

it’s not a security issue, is just not there.

There is an open ticket on bb that has been opened some months ago

Not all details and open bug are in this strategic roadmap thread

1 Like

Feature request:
Consumable wall

Say I put up 2k on the consumable wall. For example, i have a balanced pool but i want to inject 2k nbt into the market. So i deposit 2k nbt to an already balanced nubot and want the 2k to be placed at a lower offset than the rest of the liquidity. If, say, 1k of it is sold, the wall is now 1k and does not replenish. The sold stuff goes to buy side at the regular offset. So only the 2k would get ‘injected’ (i.e. sold at a small offset) and only once. I could reset the consumable wall by restarting nubot.

1 Like

Will NuBot eventually (assuming continued development) support multiple exchanges, or should multiple instances be run?

That may suggest the latter.

As mentioned elsewhere (Release and support Chinese NuBits immediately), I have agreed to get NuBot ready for multi-currency support in light of that development taking place. The good news is that @desrever did a great job to date and much if the code for multi-currency support exists, it just hasn’t been wired into the logic as yet. My aim is to make the changes necessary and then test them. To that end I intend to spoof a very simple Nu client that just exposes the json rpc commands used by NuBot as well as a simple exchange API that allows me to “place orders” and reports “balances”. I’ll open source both those tools as they may be useful to others both inside and outside of Nu. I will report back here with my progress.

Beyond that, I still have the burn-api/USD gateway project underway. The gateway element needs me to verify my identity documents with OK pay in order to fully activate my account. Once that happens the purchase element will work (selling still needs a bit of work). For the burn api, the main portion of work to date has gone on an extensible blockchain parser and api which ensures that there is no coin daemon on the server that the user interacts with. My aim with the burn api is to provide an open api that can allow content providers to erect a pay wall and share in the proceeds made. A portion of the funds collected through the api will go to the content owner and the rest will be burned. That is my MVP but there are other use cases possible once the structure is in place. I believe it could create a want for NuBits as the token of payment.

3 Likes

I admire your dedication!
But please tell me, do you really want to spend your efforts on this project or would you rather see it implemented in a hard fork, in which revenue goes before ponzi?

If we setup 1-2% spread, Nu will not be a ponzi.

To date I’ve seen nothing concrete to suggest that a hard fork is imminent or even likely.
I feel a loyalty to Nu. It has taken up a lot of my thought and spare time over the last 2 years and been a source of stress and confusion. It’s been fun though and I’m not about to give it up and turn my back on it. I feel a large amount of sadness in a lot of the recent activity on the forum and don’t agree with a good proportion of what has been said. There have been two polar views presented. My gut feel is that the truth lies somewhere between them. By that token, I don’t agree with many of the actions of the government of my country. But, I still turn out to vote and am an active member of my society despite that.
I agree with you that what Nu needs is a source of revenue. What I am trying to do is provide something towards that aim.
The code and infrastructure I am producing is fairly coin agnostic. If the hard fork of Nu does become a reality, the services could be ported to support it too, if the need was felt.

5 Likes

The art of living is compromise, the art of technology usually is trading off among many factors. This is my experience in real life.

3 Likes

As of last night I have a feature branch of NuBot that can peg to CN-NBT against CNY and EU-NBT against EUR. it can do so against a straight CN-NBT/CNY or EU-NBT/EUR pair or against a secondary pair such as CN-NBT/BTC.

In order to test the bot I have put together a simple exchange with a real trading algorithm that I can add currencies and pairs to without the need for a working coin daemon. You can see this in action here https://sleight.herokuapp.com. The front page isn’t much at the moment but the exchanges can be found at
https://sleight.herokuapp.com/exchange/[base_currency]/[relative_currency]
eg https://sleight.herokuapp.com/exchange/btc/cnnbt
or https://sleight.herokuapp.com/exchange/cny/cnnbt
Trading on the test exchange is only available through the API currently and not on the web front end.

There is some more work to be done on NuBot before releasing. I need to cover the additions I have made with tests and ensure the current test suite can cope with multiple currencies. I would also like to re-examine the price feeds to ensure we make use of all that can give us a price for the alternative currencies.
Beyond that there is the actual testing of the bot under real conditions. I plan to make a series of simple clients that can aproximate real trading conditions on an exchange and set them loose on the test exchange. Then we can watch what NuBot does under certain circumstances and ensure it behaves properly.

The work to incorporate X-NBT will be a little different as we need to decide what it is to be pegged against and where to get a price feed for that. Once we have that decision though, adding it should be fairly trivial.

4 Likes

Has @desrever left for good then?

I’ve not spoken to him for a long while. He was busy with a different project the last few times I did speak to him so I assume that is keeping him busy.

Nice, this link is not working though:
or https://sleight.herokkuapp.com/exchange/cny/cnnbt

Let me know if you need someone to test a bit. Don’t have a lot of time, an hour every here and now. Still have all my infra running. Happy to run without web interface as I never evolved into using the web interface :slight_smile:

Good spot. There’s an extra “k” in the url which shouldn’t be there. I’ll edit the post to correct it. Testing would be good. I’ll get it to a stage where I have a release candidate and then build it and see if it works for others and not just me :slight_smile:

1 Like