NuBits now has its first Android wallet!

Cybnate’s propasal is already passed by voting of NSR holders, which raises 3950NBT($). This is relative low because PPC andriod wallet had been finished and can be modified to Nu wallet. However, there is no iOS PPC/Nu wallet at all.

How many NBTs do you want to develope iOS version for Nu?

Generally I am looking for a seed to fund a small team of 2-3 to build clients for iOS and the desktops.

For iOS alone I would say 20-30K and probably that would take something from 3-5 months.

1 Like

What is the timeline for presenting a motion on this?

Perhaps there is a way to present the effort with motions lining up with each of the classical milestones? (Requirements, Design, Code, Test, Maintain).

That could make it a smaller pill for the shareholders to swallow and quicker to get the motion passed.

Are you referring to a motion for the iOS wallet development, @woodstockmerkle ?

This is a very good proposal example.

BTW, coinomi has no iOS version wallet for other cryptos, so the investment of the first crypto is the biggest. Am I right?

I am checking in to say that investments of this kind are,imo, not properly filled by custodian proposals.

The norm, is that custodians proposals are meant to grant NuBits to fill a market need .Custodians sell them at 1 USD in the open market.

Crowdfunding / crowdequity / donations are the way to go for such projects, imho. see Swarm, or Lighthouse if we want to make it crypto .

3 Likes

I have to agree with @desrever, the custodian model maybe not the right tool for the job.

In my neutral opinion, if NuBits wants to get an dedicated iOS wallet it should fork Breadwallet.
It seems to be the only iOS equivalent to Andreas Schildbach’s Android wallet.

Other than that it humbles me that you are considering Coinomi.

2 Likes

@erasmospunk is there a way to import private keys?

@GLock not yet but this is something I also need so it will come sooner than later. If you are a dev you could help :wink:

Is it possible to connect Coinomi through TOR (provided by Orbot on Android OS)?

If not available, wouldn’t that be a good (security/privacy) implementation and enhancement?

BTW I hope to see (someday) the integration of Coinomi to Tails (i386 Debian/Linux) for all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network.

Coinomi’s idea fits Tails much better than Electrum (already available by default inside that OS): developers don’t need to endlessly fork Coinomi in order to add their altcoins and ShapeShift.io integration is a real PLUS!