NuBits Marketing

Do we have a marketing plan?

I don’t see newbies come in and people are talking less than before.

I’ll be posting a more extensive document in the next day or two.

Do not worry yet about traction. There is a lot in the pipeline and we still have lots of services to build out before we’ll be at a point where I would be disappointed by our current adoption metrics.

Sure, a huge, vibrant community would be cool, but we’ve got to build it and foster it. Just keep doing what you all are doing and let’s see where we are in another three months.

1 Like

So very true. People won’t turn to NuBits overnight, NuBits need to work their way into people’s wallets, and we need to make this happen. Nu’s very different in comparison to all the other creations in the cryptocurrency sphere, There was no big boom, because the devs used a different promo mechanism than most of such innovations, they didn’t try to grab people’s money before delivering the product, giving people overhyped promises and high expectations. It’s been done the other way around, the product was delivered, no people were disappointed by fake promises, no people ripped of their coins or scammed. That’s a strong point of Nu.

1 Like

I agree with you, that’s why I support PPC community. In my opinion. we have very good products, both Peercoin and Nu. But compare to other cryptos, this community don’t have enough fans as it deserve.

The problem is the marketing. Look at BTSX and Dogecoin, what a shame product they make! But they have lots of fans and many applications support them. The more users, the more applications, because apps only care about the amount of users.

My point is, should we have a good marketing guy? Should we have a marketing plan? Many people can help here, but what should they do?

We do have a “marketing guy,” @tomjoad, and a lot of the team members are involved in marketing activities. We have a marketing plan, and we’ve been branding our asses off since before we launched.

A lot of what you see in other communities looks like marketing, but really is just business development. Solely having a bunch of vocal zealots isn’t what we need right now.

Other communities have pointed out how simple, comprehensive, and consistent our web content, wallet design, and media is – this is all strategic. We work with great designers, marketers, and technologists to make it happen.

I’ll let Tom introduce the vision for Nu marketing – there is a lot to do, to be sure, but a great foundation has been set for us to work from and we’re building for the very long-term.

2 Likes

Thank you for your explanation.

:slight_smile:

Hopefully I didn’t come across as dismissive of your concerns because that’s not what I intended at all. I’m just passionate about what we’ve built, and the tools that we are putting in place to do this the right way.

1 Like

I’d rather have

• the right product at the right time, the right place and the right amount of marketing that allows organic growth than
  • aggressive marketing just for the sake of pushing the price up.

The way it is done here at Nu meets my expectations.
Better not to promise too much and to deliver soundly developed products than to overpromise and underdeliver.
But I’m curious about the marketing plans nonetheless :wink:

some idea, for marketing, so posting here:

what about making some physical nubits (like the casascius), and when you’re somewhere in a shop you give them the choice, accept the filthy fiat, or accept the nubits, plus a brochure how to use them, and maybe a little more than what the price was in fiat, as a welcome bonus or something

1 Like

I think this fits into the marketing plan where we go out to certain communities. The hardest part is that you need a number of highly motivated, trusted people known to a community with an excellent business proposition willing to support a wide spread local adoption of NuBits. It would be fun if I didn’t had a full-time job…

Not that long ago I linked to an interview with Bitcoin pioneers setting up Bitcoin cities in Holland and Spain. http://coincourant.nl/de-week-van-bitcoin-alle-grote-bitcoin-straten-delen-hun-verhaal/ (English video). They all agreed that it is hard work and you need to put in a lot of support hours to ensure things continue to work smoothly from a business perspective.

Anyone attempting this would likely find themselves facing prison time for offering private, unregulated currency. Using NuBits as digital tokens that approximate the value of $1.00 US is useful, but creating a physical coin that is intended to be used in circulation among retailers will land its distributors in hot water very quickly, possibly even being labeled as part of the sovereign citizen’s movement (domestic terrorists).

Approaching merchants to accept NuBits as a payment method will still be a key part of our future marketing efforts of course; just not with physical currencies. Casascius suspended using real Bitcoins within their coins in 2013, so that they could claim to be offering “collectibles” rather than a currency.

4 Likes

oops, should have thought about it for a little longer , thanks for pointing me at it

AFAIK at least Germany allows private currencies to circulate. Some towns have their own currencies. Italy, too.

Yes… but rigorously supervised by BaFin (German SEC.)
Read here about the Chiemgauer (private money) and about local currencies in general.

Those coins are brought into circulation by persons or corporations. You would need to find someone, who is willing to do that.

1 Like

BUMP :smiley:

I want to use this edit of my post to write down some of my ideas about marketing Nu.
I came to reflect on it when I recognized @Cybnate’s efforts to advertise NuDroid on /r/cryptocurrency
Maybe this creates an offspring thread.
But as it’s just some unsorted impressions it might very well be put here.

There are different ways of marketing as there are different target audiences. The following overview is by no means complete. There are a lot more facets.
This might be a considered a start.

People who stumble upon Nu searching for a stable crypto currency don’t require very much marketing. They research. They find Nu (and bitUSD, coinoUSD, Tether, soon EtherSomething). They don’t need advertisement, but good information about the inner workings of Nu if Nu wants to be understood as a perfect match for so many applications that require a stable crypto currency.

The information about price stability has been updated. That’s good.
But please show me the way to the “History of Nu”, written by @Sentinelrv.
I know it does exist, but I can’t find the link on https://nubits.com/
[edit]
I’ve found it. Wasn’t easy: https://docs.nubits.com/history/
[/edit]
Plus the “Price Stability” link is in the header section, but not in the footer of https://nubits.com/. If people do only find the design paper with the initial design of Nu it’s no wonder that they don’t find Nu as great as it is now.
The process map hasn’t been updated after TLLP or NuLagoon were created.
Basically the process map is still correct (although the custodians have a different role now - and where are the NSR custodians?), but providing liquidity by NuLagoon and all the TLLP pools is so important.
It’s an integral part of Nu.
It needs to be shown as such.
And it’s cool. How else can you have an income with crypto currencies besides speculation?
Liquidity providing is so crypto 2.0!

People not already in touch with the topic “stable crypto currency” might be quite conservative. Still it might be an incentive to research on the matter if they find 1 NBT in their inbox on reddit, sent from nbtip.
Would be good to welcome them with appealing and up-to-date information.

What I’m trying to say (I think, because a lot of things come to my mind while I am writing this…) is:
we need a proper marketing plan.
We need up-to-date information, that can easily be found, that can easily be understood, that shows how simple and ingenious Nu is.
Maybe an “overview process map” and a “detailed process map” would make it easier? I remember how hard it was for me to understand the process map when I first saw it - and I wanted to understand it!
Imagine how easy people can get annoyed if confronted with overly (unnecessarily) complex information!

Game on to revamp the marketing!
Nu’s branding is great. The development is great. Let’s do some proper marketing!

Now that this monster edit is ended, I think it’s time to split this post to a new topic.
This topic requires serious discussion that would sidetrack and clutter this very topic here.

This post was formerly here, but I wanted to spare the mods from moving silly stuff that I write somewhere else.
I like the mods, because they are my namesakes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

absolutely - motions?

1 Like

It depends. If there’s budget for this stuff available, a motion would suffice.
If there’s no budget left, a grant (NSR preferred) would need to fund this.
But first we should discuss the details, I think…

1 Like

I’am new here. Who evaluating banner campaign ? How you measuring performance of Nu ads ?