Nu blockchain stuck for 1day now

And on the machine from where you copied the files the Nu wallet can still be started without errors?
If yes, it looks like there’s something wrong on hardware/filesystem level on the machine that fails to load the wallet.

absolutely

I dont know that works – my other PPC and BKS signing clients keep on running fine

Going to try to re-DL the blockchain from zero –
Would be great to have a bootstrap survival kit or something for users to safely reboot their client

1 Like

Under Popular Links in Help us test Nubits v2.1.0 there’s a bootstrap.dat you may have use for.

I’d first try only removing blkindex.dat and have the client reindex.

1 Like

The bootstrap file you linked is for 2.1 (leveldb) and @crypto_coiner runs 2.0.3 (libdb) - unfortunately that won’t work, unless the Nu wallet gets upgraded.

2 Likes

always include a copy of error message.

Copy blk* and database/* nu.conf . Permission must be set to 600. You don’t have to copy addr.dat.
Don’t copy debu.log and db.log. If you start with no wallet, new empty wallets will be generated and things usually go faster and more smoothly. Once everything is sync’ed, copy your wallet with coins to the directory. The data bases and wallet will be sync’ed again quickly.

I thought about the access right permission – not sure if I did the right thing