Nu 2.1.0 has been released [do not upgrade yet, see latest posts]

So, after several hours of things running fine and the balance looks okay. All of the sudden the balance will get wonked out? Is it only for NuBits or NSR as well?

That’s correct, it just happened again, NBT only.

I cannot replicate it with any action, it just needs several hours for the client running and it happens.
As far as I can see nothing unusual in the logs

What’s coin control show? Allow advanced control in the options menu.

Everything in the coin control window is correct

Can we have a stripped version of NU wallet only for the purpose of used by nubot to report liquidity?
The minimum use of ram and space in the nubot’s server would be god’s blessing :wink:

2 Likes

Really, just a send/recieve nbt only liquidity wallet would be sweet.

2 Likes

Bug report here.

After sending some NBT using 2.1.1 RC1, I receive notification of the transfer. This first notification is just right, except that the title of the notification is “Bitcoin - Information”. However, after that I received a number of notifications with bad info that consisted of:

Date: [blank]
Amount: 0.00 NBT
Type: [blank]
Address [blank]

Is possible that these blank NBT notifications show when NSR minting in the same client finds a block. Is posible that the blank NBT notification appears in place of the 40 NSR notification that should correctly display. I did not switch the unit to NSR after the NBT transfer, although NSR was minting in the background while and after the NBT was sent. Switching unit to NSR seems to fix the notification error.

To make error happen:

1. Unlock NSR wallet for minting

2. Switch to NBT and transfer NBT using coin cointrol.

3. Wait until client mints a block. NBT notification is blank like described in this post. No NSR notification appears.

On a separate matter, when I use mouse over Send tab in the NuBit wallet, status bar says: “Send coins to a Bitcoin address”

Same notification appeared when I see the balance hike as described above in my posts

Memory usage around 600 MB even when blockchain is already synced

Same here. Memory usage slowly increases over time, but seems to stabilize at 800 Mb.

The command getdifficulty freezes my client (v 2.1.1) for 2mn. Fortunately, getinfo gives the same information immediately.

I can confirm the delay whereas the response on the same PC with v2.03 is immediate.
V2.1.1 appears to demand a lot of CPU power for certain functions. On my 3.3 Ghz Processor it holds 1 thread for about 30 seconds before producing results. Potentially multi-threading support could help here or keeping it in memory as v2.0.3 apparently does.

Besides that I have v2.1 taking 1.3 Gb of memory after about 2 weeks of continuous operation on Linux-64-bit.
I hope this information support solving the issues with the v2.1x+ versions soon.

I would like to ask why with even the bootstrap file, the wallet takes so many hours (more than a day) to structure the blockchain? I find out that the fastest method of all is to clone an already ready structure (blocks,chainstate,databse,…etc…) from appdata/roaming/nu (in windows)
to another windows and the wallet was ready in minutes!
Do you think a distribution of such a clone can be useful (safe) or the bootstrap is the only way?

I received today a blank notification, and just after that the NSR balance was wrong. I realized after a few minutes that the balance shown for the NSR wallet was actually the NBT balance !

Does this happen when the client is syncing,or when it’s fully synced? There’s a lot of things that will be very delayed until the client has fully synced. Also what platform are you using?[quote=“zoro, post:75, topic:3460”]
I would like to ask why with even the bootstrap file, the wallet takes so many hours (more than a day) to structure the blockchain?
[/quote]

It depends on your system specs. On my system it takes less than a day to sync from bootstrap. I/O speed of your storage device is key in this process I believe.[quote=“GLnp, post:76, topic:3460, full:true”]
I received today a blank notification, and just after that the NSR balance was wrong. I realized after a few minutes that the balance shown for the NSR wallet was actually the NBT balance !
[/quote]

Does restarting fix the balances? Is this something that happens after a certain amount of time?

I’ll look into this.

The client has fully synced. I tried several times, the client doesn’t always freeze but there is always a delay (~ 2min) before the answer. It’s running on linux (debian).

I didn’t restart the client. I fixed it by switching to NBT wallet, and then back to NSR. It seems to be caused by a NBT transaction. The wallet was unlocked for minting but it didn’t mint.

I suspect it happens when there is a tx while the client shows the other wallet.

I’ll try to reproduce it this week. Thank you for all the information.

Please see NuBits 2.1.1 Release to continue this discussion.