NBT/BTC market and future NBT centric trading

I just added 200 NuBits of personal funds on the sell side. I also asked other custodians and Jordan if there is some NBT liquidity available to help.

1 Like

Thank you, we really appreciate it. I will let people in the BLK IRC channels know there is now some available.

It looks like that has already been bought up. If anyone is interested in providing additional NuBit liquidity we could use it.

That was fast.
I think I will ask for a custodian grant to satisfy the nubits desire on Exco.in. Might take a while but I think it’s time.

1 Like

We added NBT volume to the sidebar and the NBT/NSR market today.

1 Like

There are more NBT on sale now

This is another case that demonstrates the need for someone to take on the role of balancing on a regular basis. @cryptog has expressed some interest in playing this role. However, it only works neatly when balancing like pairs. In that case, NuBits can be held when not actively balancing. When the need for balancing is identified, they are traded for BTC at one exchange, the BTC is transferred tot he other exchange where it is used to buy NuBits.

The complication here is that there is no other Blackcoin pair to use to balance with. A sensible alternative would be to take the Blackcoin, sell it for BTC, and use the BTC to buy NuBits, which can then be placed back on the Blackcoin/NuBits. Until order book mirroring is implemented, this activity is likely to result in small losses for the LPC.

1 Like

I fully support exco.in NBT centric trading. I will bring more liquidity to the BLK/NBT pairing.

1 Like

BLK liquidity? in which form? Do you want start using a bot?

We went ahead and opened the NBT/PPC market today. We will be making some more sidebar modifications, and move NBT to the top. We believe these markets have a lot of potential so we want to put more emphasis on them.

7 Likes

@desrever Logically arbitrage should work with no issue as long as the walls are significant enough. But I always thought that the peg could be destroyed by a very wealthy trader or entity that could put a huge sell wall at a significant discount but economically it would be committing suicide, a bit like attacking peercoin if a rogue trader has a significant stake. I guess the current pegging system is not 100% attack-proof but is realistically good enough.

@jordanlee It is true that I am still considering contributing to that balancing but I first need to close this. :smile:

Some of you may know that Blackwave Labs is building a enterprise-grade payment gateway solution.

We are currently doing alpha testing and hope to launch our open beta soon. We are now considering adding NuBits as one of three coins selected: (BTC, BLK, NBT).

We will have more updates regarding this in later announcements on our company blog: https://blackwavelabs.com

5 Likes

Do you guys have an eta?

We prefer not to give ETAs. I can say we have been working on this project for 4 months, it is in alpha testing now and it will be a separate site and infrastructure from Exco.in.

We also just broke 100 BTC 24H Volume for the first time. Thank you to everyone who has tried out our service, we hope to continue refining and introducing new high quality services for the innovative cryptocurrency communities.

Edit: We have surpassed 220, the volume is really picking up. It seems people are understanding the practicality of NBT in a down BTC market.

2 Likes

Congratulations Excoin!

Did the bot crash?

Is there any chance we would be able to get more NBT on Exco.in?

Everything has been going very well.

Some updates:

1. We flipped the sidebar and landing ordering so that NBT centric markets are ontop.
  2. We added a NBT/LTC market.
4 Likes