Mandatory upgrade to Nu 2.0 by August 25th

sent

There can’t be “blkindex.net”. Try to be precise when describing error message so others can find out the problem correctly.

Try downloading w/o wallets. Set different addnode (search the firum for the nodes)

I copied the error message precisely.

Now it has crashed again and the reason this time says,

“This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more info.”

There is no such thing as blkindex.net. Please post a screen shot. Start a fresh download, with no wallets so new blank wallets will be generated. Use different addnode as you could be connected to bad nodes. If the same error happens, post the last 40 lines of debug.log.

Quick question. I’ve not had time to get 2.0 installed on my pi yet. If the pi isn’t minting can I send the coins in the wallet to a version 2.0 on my mac in a few days?

Then I can send them back to the pi when I’ve had time to set it all up.

I suppose the question is am I going to screw anything up my leaving the NSR in a version 1 wallet for a few days?

It might be related to this.

The 2.0 client on the Mac will convert the old wallet, which then should just work. Keep a back up.
Or you can stop minting now until you install 2.0 on the pi, which isn’t difficult.

Awesome thank you :slight_smile:

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

You’re right. It was blkindex.dat instead of .net…

but you knew that didn’t you?

I just want to get this thing working so I can get my coins out.

Now I go search the “firum” for some damned nodes ??? Where’s the “firum”?

Why the hell aren’t all the nodes needed in the wallet?

The nodes needed are already in the wallet. You don’t need to search any nodes.

I’m getting an error:

1 Like

The blockchain has downloaed but my NuBits are NOT THERE>

I made a trade last week on Shapeshifter.io and I paid in peercoin to trade for Nubits.

Now my coins are not in my Nubits account.

What is the problem now?

Were the addresses changes on my wallet so that I can’t access the coins from the blockchain?

Are they able to be retrieved? or not?

If you bought them on shape shift, shouldn’t they still be on shapeshift? Why do you think your private keys should be on your local computer?

@Rayzzz One thing you can try is running “repairwallet”. To do this, open up your client and navigate to the NuBits tab of the wallet. Click “Help” and then click “Debug Window”. Select “Console”. Then, type in “repairwallet” and click enter. I have had an issue in the past where my NuShares weren’t displaying properly in the client after redownloading the blockchain, and this fixed it.

1 Like

The 2.0 fork has produced 1236 blocks in the last 24 hours, while the 1.x fork has produced 68. So only 5.2% of network wide blocks are being found by clients still minting on the old protocol. Unfortunately, the block explorer hasn’t been upgraded yet, so it is displaying less than relevant data from the losing and old fork. I have contacted Johny about this, but just be aware that the block explorer is having some issues right now. Despite the data displayed there, the network is functioning as expected and is secure.

2 Likes

Johny just fixed the custodial voting page to display the correct number of votes. He also fixed the displayed units for NSR custodial grants to show as NSR instead of NBT. http://blockexplorer.nu/votes. The rest of the explorer seems to be working fine again too.

1 Like

For the nsr grant it says the latest vote was just now but it says there were 0 votes in the last 100 blocks.