[Mandatory Upgrade] All minters need to upgrade to B&C Exchange 4.0.1

Either way it would be bad for BCE, because this is just not the type of business that works this way.
The latter reason would be less bad, because once you were able to awake them, they migth keep paying attention.

I don’t know how to fix the situation, but you can’t do it this way. People paid for BKS. You can’t just dispossess them, because they don’t behave like expected.
I can only think of awkward solutions, which include at least partial dispossessions - if you want to get the 4.0 votes over 90% there’s no way around that and I don’t want to go into greater detail about them for now.
To get done what I have in mind you only need a simple majority, but it will shed a very bad light on BCE.
Let’s wait and hope for the 4.0 votes to increase.

is possible for minting to continue only in 4.0 and stops for older versions?

Sure - once the protocol switch is complete…
…but that needs 90% and two weeks :wink:

I messaged @BCExchange on Bitcointalk about using the BlockShare sale contact list to inform people. I was answered before on Bitcointalk, so hopefully I can find out if this was done yet or not.

There are only 40 minting nodes, and cannot upgrade in time, I strongly suggest to develope B&Cmessage by copying Emeth’s App.

1 Like

Weird: Just realized that I have NOT minted a single BKS since April 6th…, as of displayed by the wallet QT.
Anyone has any clue?
Stake: 0.00 BKS
Client version: 4.0.1-beta , win7

What date did you upgrade to v4.0.1? Have you minted at all with the new client?

I updated on 3/30 and was minting up to 4/6 since then.

I just checked mine. I updated on March 31st and minted up until April 4th and then it stopped as well. I usually mint blocks many times each day, so this long stretch does seem strange. I don’t believe it’s a problem with my laptop or internet either, because the Nu client v2.0.3 has been minting just fine. I’m using Xubuntu Linux by the way.

Has anybody else not minted blocks in a while?

1 Like

Did you do anything on 4th or 6th (restart computer, whatever…)?

I did nothing but leave my computer minting as usual.

I am intrigued a little bit more now about this defect…

For some reason my bcexchange exe was deleted during the weekend…it seems, weird.
But more than that, my last minted block was on 07APR16 19:43 and then nothing.
I will wait and see for a few hours but it seems that the network is undergoing some kind of weird bug.

Same, I leave my laptop minting on my desk. I just upgraded to the new version, unlocked for minting and left it alone until today. I just restarted it though and am currently loading up all my clients again.

If v4.0.1 clients are having a problem minting, this could possibly explain the low or even decreasing percentage right?

What’s connections quantity? 8?

8 active connections

Strange, I’m on 4.01 Linux/Ubuntu 15.04 and minting a lot without issues, maybe we can narrow down to an issue with the Windows wallet?

Well, that wouldn’t explain my issue. As I said I’m using Xubuntu, not Windows. I’ll be going to work in about 3 hours. When I come back I’ll check to see if I minted at all.

About active connections, currently Peerunity has 8, B&C has 3 and Nu has 5. I recently restarted the laptop though, so I’m not sure if that is a reason for the low number.

A proxy or tor could explain the low number.