Lost community members

Thank you so much!

I firmly believe that in democratic systems (which Nu is in a quite pure form) especially controversial discussions are valuable.
That’s why I miss @creon’s contributions so much. He was able to provide discussions with valuable arguments and positions.

Whatever the consensus would be - with controversial discussions it were based on a better set of information than without these controversial discussions.

Just remember the discussions about open sourcing the Nu code. Hundreds of posts with good arguments for or against opening it. Some posts contained a lot of emotion.

And this is the point where it gets tricky; as soon as emotions play a role it’s hard to stay on topic, focussed, polite.

I’d welcome @creon with open arms as much as I’d welcome everyone who is here to contribute, to help, to evolve Nu - no matter whether they share my opinion or not.

What can be better than getting your own opinion moved in a discussion where someone has good arguments, to show you perspectives you wouldn’t have found without help?

You are able to make a better, a more educated decision than without having had this discussion!

5 Likes