Liquidity Operations

2017–04–12

Daily move to equilibrium this week: 183 USD in BTC
Move to equilibrium in BTC: 0.15123
NSR sold: 630125

It looks good, but you will have to admit that this is mainly driven by the dramatic rise of BTC in the last 6 months. I hope we can some other positive indicators too soon. The NSR share price is still relatively low from a long-term perspective. The recent jump is positive but doesn’t seem to be persistent.

my slack calendar says that today was the day predicted by @Phoenix for resuming the buybacks…

1 Like

2017–04–13

Move to equilibrium in BTC: 0.15320
NSR sold: 612800

a few months ago @Phoenix said that nushares buyback would resume today. how far are we?

Do you mean as an estimate by trend, a belief of his, or decision? I only recall these threads with discussion.

February 2017:

November 2016:

an estimation from phoenix but i need to find where he said that.

Okay, you don’t need to quote that, but hey @Phoenix can you post an updated graph of NuShare sales that shows estimated point of buybacks at current trend?

2 Likes

2017–04–14

Move to equilibrium in BTC: 0.15443
NSR sold: 482593.75

BTC Poloniex Esko → Esko

1 Like

I dispute this.

Yes, but I don’t have time right now.

This is yet another record low in daily NSR sales, for the series of NSR sales that began in July. The trend toward NSR scarcity continues.

1 Like

This was written on 02MAR17 here: [Poll] When do you think the next NuShare buyback will happen?

So how accurate your simulation was?

Not accurate, as he warns it probably wouldn’t be. Nobody can be expected to predict that. There’s still value in it, and I’m curious about an updated estimate.

agreed. do we have any concrete idea about how far we are compared to equilibrium? my understanding is that we are buying back nubits by issuing nushares (well we are building up a reserve) but when the reserve has reached a certain point we would stop. when would that be?

I’ll post updated supply, reserve, and equilibrium figures soon. Let’s try playing with those later. I may have to continue with that tomorrow though.

tks. looking forward to it.

2017–04–15

Daily move to equilibrium this week: 194 USD in BTC
Move to equilibrium in BTC: 0.16511
NSR sold: 550366.66666666

2017–04–16

Daily move to equilibrium this week: 194 USD in BTC
Move to equilibrium in BTC: 0.16441
NSR sold: 469742.85714285

1 Like

With $19,040 to be raised at the rate of $194 per day, we’d reach equilibrium in just under 100 days. The daily amount is 1% of the deviation from equilibrium and adjusted weekly, meaning with NuShares sales only we’ll approach equilibrium slower the closer we are.

Assuming no expenses, NuBit sales, and reserve asset price difference, the following happens.

As long as the NuShare remains above zero value (currently 35–36 satoshi), we’ll raise $1,358 this week. Tier 1–4 reserves were last Friday $56,526, so next Friday they’d be $57,884, making the daily move to equilibrium $181.

Sales of NuBits increase Tier 1–4 reserves and of course the amount in circulation. Expenses in BTC directly reduce Tier 1–4 reserves. Expenses in US-NBT increase amount in circulation.

NuShare buybacks require NuBit sales. We work toward increasing confidence in our operations and the attractiveness of NuBits. I’m glad to see the support in the NuShare market.

2 Likes