Is the current volume 'real'?

oh so its trading with itself for free then… oh well, lol

It is just going to be an administrative nightmare for the custodian I suppose.

Oh, there are no trading fees? Maybe we should turn on TURBO MODE. :wink:

(Another option to mitigate this is to slightly widen the spread between the walls.)

That reduces the perceived quality of our product, I’m against that option. I’m confident Ben and co. will get the bot working properly soon enough!

Some of it is organic. We’ve had over 180 BTC worth of real sales on BTER, and a lot of it within the last day.
It just hasn’t been 1M NBT worth of volume.

overnight I identified the defect that (probably) made the bot trade against its own orders. Its now my priority #1, I will keep you updated. For now, I apologize hoping that the huge volume brought some attention to us and it didn’t cost way off .

It’s great to see that the problem was identified and can be resolved. Those numbers might be confusing, especially at a hot BTC/crypto moment
(a more or less sudden colapse that took place over the weekend), may lead to false judgments. Good decision to keep the bot trading, I first found it disadvantageous, but then I realized that the only real effect is has is with regard to what Coinmarketcap is showing, and this doesn’t affect the mechanism of Nu network that much.

I wanted to provide an update.

I am field testing @desrever’s patch for NuBot on BTER. I will report back once I am confident that the buy-wall eating has stopped.

When it is proven to be stable I will prepare a report cover the last days of operations.

//KTm

I take responsibility and I apologise for the bot’s faults. Not trying to hide anything under the carpet (as I read in a comment then deleted), nor generate “fake volume” . NuBot is novel software and deals with multiple unstable markets, unstable networks, and several other factors out of our range of control.

Unlike bitcoin that is 5 years old, this bot is one week old. Its behaviour its very hard - if not impossible - to simulate in a “sandbox” environment, since it depends on several external API and market conditions. Everyday is getting better and better, also thank to the community which is taking a close eye on the peg.

Thank you for the patience and understanding.

5 Likes

It looks like the problem is still happening, based on recent trades. https://bter.com/trade/NBT_BTC

Yes, she had to revert to the earlier version after consulting with @pennybreaker and I. @desrever is offline for a couple hours, but once he’s back we’ll all jump back into it.

That self-buy was the old bot code.

Looks like BTER does charge a trade fee of 0.2%? https://bter.com/fee

If this is true, it’s leaking a lot of money. I would recommend running walls at 20% normal size until the fix is in.

I’m back to running the new code with additional modifications to the options file in place.

So far, so good.

It is not very easy to “run the walls at 20%” of their size without first moving 80% of the funds out of the trading account.

Yes, there is loss due to trading fees as we noted earlier as a negative impact.

I am committed to making sure this works correctly because I believe in the product and I believe in what we are trying to do here. So you know, trying to get this right and to work around the API issues, exchange problems, and NuBot code adjustments is takes about 6 hours a day right now for me. I did not expect this level of effort, seven days a week, with no foreseeable end in sight.

The state of the tools and the availability of fiat liquidity is not in the position that it was supposed to be when I proposed my grant. I am as frustrated as you all are.

//KTm

Nevermind. The buy orders no longer synchronized like they should be. ARG!

//KTm

I’ve recommended to @Ktm that she temporarily pull down the bots. BTER is going to be unsupported for the next couple of minutes. Apologies in advance, but at this point there is no option left.

Edit: This only affects BTER right now, but coin-to-coin markets on CCEDK may be next.

Are the CCEDK coin-to-coin bots behaving in the same way?

Yes, but less frequently. It may be lag related, or due to something in BTER’s API. We’re not sure. They will be taken if we don’t isolate the problem in the next few minutes.

Yup, there was a moment when I thought about giving NuBot a bit of verbal spanking yesterday evening, but after a very short while I considered that this wouldn’t serve any good to NuBits and deleted the post. After sleeping with it and giving it another thought I’ve written a completely different comment which can be found above. Now you’ve got me on your side.

By my calculation, this self-trading has cost thousands of dollars to the custodian(s) in bad fees. If so, we should ask for a refund from BTER once everything is sorted out.

1 Like

New build of NuBot running.

Walls back up on BTER and fingers crossed.

//KTm