Is the current volume 'real'?

Updated NuBot build has been deployed. We’re going to keep an eye on things, but from about 9:40 PM Eastern on, we’re crossing fingers that NuBot will find its own buy wall less appetizing.

Thumbs up for all your commitment to this Nu experiment and to improve the NuBot!
And I’m glad there is some sense for tongue-in-cheek comments about NuBot’s appetite left :wink:

Thanks for the support. We are working around the clock, isolating one issue at the time. We are left with only a couple of problems that depends on the exchanges and we are currently working to make our bot deal with exchanges problems correctly. I feel we are getting closer, and I can’t stop repeating that this is necessary now,to prevent this from happening again in the future .

Some things just can’t be simulated in a sand box and need to be tested in the wild. Like @thExit explained with the Forex demo accounts: one might be able to test a lot of things. But the final debugging and tweaking needs to be done in the real world.

I’m impressed how well the NuBot runs considering its time in the wild!

It seems that we spotted and killed the root cause of collisions. Now we are left with another problem that cause the bot to freeze from time to time. Investigating it and working hard . Almost there, bear with us :bear:

4 Likes

The bot was eating ice cream too fast which has been identified as the cause of the freezing issue. We will be teaching the bot how to eat slowly. :icecream:

2 Likes

The bot is still a toddler and needs to learn some things and gain experience.
It’s no secret for most of us that eating ice cream too fast can lead to a brain freeze.
…for others it’s a secret that needs to be revealed :wink:

A lot of people involved at this stage of Nu network life will agree that “experimental” is a good adjective to describe what is being done here. I’m not surprised (not that I anticipated it to happen) that there are some problems with the bot, I’m not surprised as it can only be tested in real battle (maybe there might be some tests done on small scale earlier, but this would not necessarily reveal the problems).

I’ve got experience in the sterile environment of MQL language, where I don’t have to deal with external factors like here with the exchanges, yet after programming a Forex EA (Expert Advisor aka robot) it sometimes takes a month or two or more of demo testing before the market throws at me (or rather at the EA) certain conditions that haven’t come up earlier in the tests, and I have to deal with that as well. Forex robot testing takes a long time, first backtesting, then forward demo account testing, then forward live account testing on small capital, then steadily increase capital but still demo test for various conditions. The NuBot is somewhat a different deal as it has a different function than Forex EAs which need to trade for profit, NuBot’s objectives and the whole mechanism is different, but still it’s a piece of code that needs to do what is required.

You’re heroes, hats off for your great work!

Looks like the reported volume is falling back to reality!

Yesterday I committed a bug fix that should hopefully prevent the bot from freezing again. Let’s see how the stability goes from now on. I don’t exclude that a misbehaviour can happen again, but I believe that now its much more controlled.

Thank you everyone

2 Likes

weekly update @ NuBot releases

Thank you for the update as well as all your hard work @desrever !

So is the recent volume real? $400,000 in the last 24hrs

it is. A few players are making big buys and big sells

Incredible.

10-18 23:04:53Buy0.002557 29883.57576.4123
10-18 22:16:00Sell0.002571 29774.42876.5501
10-18 22:13:21Buy0.002567 0.0440.0001
10-18 21:44:53Buy0.002564 6.6270.0170
10-18 21:37:11Buy0.002557 29828.11976.2705
10-18 21:21:49Sell0.002559 29858.58176.4081

Can’t be real can it? @ BTER… Bots fighting again?

As far as we can tell, it is real.

Wow… well it’s definitely good if it is!

What I’d like to know then is how many people are buying NBT and doing things with them, parking them, sending them to non exchange wallets, that sort of thing. The volume is good but meaningless if it’s just (non Nu) bots trading for small bits of profit.

That’s all these high-volume trades seem to be. The sets of sell/buy pairs are close together in price, time, and volume. I think someone is trying to trade in anticipation of the expected wall adjustments.

If the bot were self-trading, the volume would probably match the size of one of the walls, which this doesn’t. It seems that the bot is operating as intended.