Introduction to NuBits video is now live on www.nubits.com

They haven’t been forgotten., it has just been a low priority item on our plates this week.

Did the video stop for anyone else if you scrolled just a tiny bit up or down?

It kind of bugged me.

What browser are you using? I did a test on different browsers and couldn’t replicate that error.

I just wanted to post about a possible issue. I noticed somebody in the PeercoinTalk chat yesterday that went to the home page to try to find the video. He was unable to find it for a couple minutes, but eventually he located it when he clicked on the what is NuBits button. I’m just wondering how many people visiting the home page don’t even realize there is an explanatory video available to watch. I imagine there must be some kind of click through statistics. If it is a problem, is there anything that can be done to make it more obvious without actually putting the video itself on the page? Maybe making the white icon on the button look like a film strip with the play arrow inside it or something. Also, maybe I’m just overblowing it and it’s not an issue at all.

1 Like

Good point, I did not think about it but can be true.

Getting some visual tricks in place will probably help. I do not have a valid suggestion … maybe @morgantar does?

Also, I can suggest to try a clear call to action on the button. Currently “What is NuBits?” lacks the verb (unlike “Download the client” ). What about “Watch the video” or “Learn more”?

1 Like

“Watch the video” is very clear I think. Anybody else have an opinion on this?

1 Like

I also think “Watch the video” is better. I had the same question/concern, but figured the NuBits web designers know far more about such things than I do. The website is absolutely top-notch professional.

1 Like

I agree with you all regarding the wording. I’ve made the change - does it look better in everyone’s opinion?

1 Like

Yes, it looks great. Thanks for making the change.

Firefox… but I can’t replicate that error now either. Strange.

We have added multiple languages to the closed-captioning support for the video, significantly expanding the number of users who can be introduced to NuBits and the Nu network. I want to give personal appreciation and recognition to our community members who have taken the time to translate the video to the following languages:

Dutch - @Cybnate
Chinese - @Sabreiib
Greek - @Seki
German - @creon
Arabic - @Raythma
Japanese - @cryptog

Italian and Spanish will be coming soon from @desrever (unless he already sent them to me, in which case I will upload them quickly).

French will be coming from @cryptog too.

If you speak a language not listed here, and would be willing to spend five to ten minutes translating our script, please send an email to info@nubits.com.

5 Likes

I am having a helper reviewing my submissions .

in the meantime thanks to all of you who subbed the video!

(i’ll take the chance to test tipping multiple users in a message. )

@assistant tip 0.5 @Cybnate
@assistant tip 0.5 @Sabreiib
@assistant tip 0.5 @Seki
@assistant tip 0.5 @creon
@assistant tip 0.5 @Raythma
@assistant tip 0.5 @cryptog

Hi desrever

Your tip of 0.5 NBT has been credited to @cryptog

lucky @cryptog.

#####I’ll add this sort of thing to the todo list

1 Like

how can i redeem the tip?

Why redeem it? Pass it on.

i mean where is the wallet that got the tip?

The tip is held in the same wallet that the assistant bot pulls all the Nu network information from. It’s hosted on a virtual server the same as (but separate from) the reddit tip bot.
When you get a tip, the bot creates a new account with ``nud getaccountaddress [userusername the tip is then moved internally between accounts.
You can get your deposit address and current balance by sending a Pm to the assistant bot which says info.
I’ll be doing a bit more work on the bot today but just polishing really.

very nice. i suppose my deposit address is also the sending address.

That’s right. I have seen two calls to ‘info’ return two different addresses but both are linked to the same account so both will credit your tip account.
It’s probably a good time to make the standard disclaimer. I’ve done what I can to keep things secure but don’t try keeping thousands of NuBits with the bot. It’s meant as a bit of fun, not a savings account.