Download NuBits blockchain (bootstrap)

Is there nobody in the community that can help? The client always resets backwards e.g. from ~90% to ~45% this time. Can’t access my coins because of this mess.

Had to stop the torrent as I was doing some maintenance work and had to stop it. I’m starting my torrent again right now, so you would at least be able to try that. I can see there is at least another peer hosting on it.

1 Like

Sorry, not sure what you mean by your torrent and another peer hosting? Is there a torrent link? Thanks

Does anybody know why the previous torrent *.dats had an exception and failed to open in Linux 5.3 client? Cleanly made .nu directory with the 2 *.dats overwritten while daemon stopped.

A peer is a computer hosting a torrent. The latest torrent can you find here: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/nubit/downloads/Nu%20blockchain%202017-09-17.torrent.
It has the two .dats in it. Make sure you stop the client, delete the old .dats and copy the ones from the torrent back.

BTW Some of the older torrents were OS specific or not captured properly (e.g. with running blockchain) which would result in an error. They have been abandoned by now I hope (no peers). Just try the above.

I already downloaded and tried that torrent before I posted in first place. It didn’t work as outlined previously. Did you say you were uploading a newer one? Thanks

That is strange. There is a slightly older one (24-Aug). Here is the magnet link:
Please let us know if that one works for you, then we should remove the other one probably.

Magnet link seems to have something wrong with it. Won’t load in ‘utorrent’. Also, the torrent link in Repo has no peers. Thanks

Right, we are not a good run here. Here is the correct magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f738634826a5c1f5305e61288adb4f9501bfe70f&dn=nu-dat-2017-08-24.tgz&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969

Something went wrong with copy/paste in my earlier post. Just tested this one and it works for me.

The torrent link in repo should connect to at least two peers. I’m actually connected to it right now. Sometimes it might take a few minutes or longer though to find peers. The magnet should go instantly.

Finally seem to be getting somewhere with the August Magnet file as the client accepted it. The August torrent in Repo still had no peers after an hour. You must be referring to Sept torrent. Thanks for your help Cybnate!

Someone needs to write a proper introduction to getting this client to work fast and have current torrents. It’s been a huge waste of time and a non-technical person wouldn’t have a hope. Very off-putting for newcomers.

2 Likes

@Cybnate Hate to bother your again but any chance you could upload the current chain to a torrent or send direct? It’s still taking forever to finish the sync. I’d like to sell by coins before the Liquidity Ops in a few hours. Thanks.

+1% sync in 8 hours. This is ridiculous.

Can someone, anyone please upload a chain. It’s going to take another 80 hours to sync at this rate!?

Can someone at least tell me how I can send my coins I sent to my wallet a week ago while I was waiting for the chain to download. I’m trying to send them now and can’t as they aren’t showing yet.

https://ttutdxh-nubits.github.io/cointoolkit/

You can also make a raw txn without syncing the chain.

@ Nagalim thanks for replying. Very useful link.

I couldn’t reply or ask for more help because the forum had a block on how many posts I could make. Such a joke, the person that needs the most help posts more.

I eventually found out where to get my private key. God help a regular user figuring that out with zero documentation that I could find. This project needs a lot of things detailed better and a regular chain download.

Turns out I can’t sell because Changelly have dropped NBT. Is there another way to protect myself from the imminent price drop like converting to NU shares? I don’t know anything about them or how to convert.

2 Likes

Im downloading and will be seeding at maximum, at variable times because it’s not a desktop. The blockchain sync speed was long a frustration of mine, but thanks to torrents, it shouldnt limit user adoption.

Sure if the torrents weren’t so old, were advertized properly and had detailed instructions for newcomers.

The newest is 3 months old. There was a time where I spend that same amount of time syncing, on and off on public wifis in my free time. Nubits is small, and responsibility is spread thin. You are an early adopter to crypto and even earlier to nubits. Early adoption is often a hard era for any new technology. As for detailed instructions, I plan to test on my systems and make a quick guide to be published here.

1 Like

That’s good news regarding the guide.

3 months is too old IMO. 8 hours per 1% = ~90hours for me to sync after finding/downloading/understanding where to get and how to use the torrent *.dats. That’s an insane and unnecessary waste of time IMO.

Don’t suppose you know why Changelly have dropped NBT at this time? Lack of Liquidity Provider? I’m trying to sell my coins and cannot, which apparently would help to keep the peg.

Thats to prevent spam. Often forum moderaters on any site adopt similar rules or move posts to the correct category.

Nushares is the underlying backbone asset to Nu. Because of the recent BTC spikes/crashes and volume has gone up for Nu. Nushares are built to assist Nu community with the $1 peg per nubit, increasing NBT assets via grants, and NBT interest rates (and perhaps burning shares, dont quote me on that because its been a while since I read all the documentation). NBT is designed to be pegged to $1 (which will fall against BTC just like USD does), so if you are looking to isolate yourself from a NBT/BTC crash, either you would hold BTC or hold nushares (ongoing buyback at 32k a day). Heres where you can see what exchanges Nushares, Nubits, and BTC: Exchanges and Liquidity — Buybacks: $61,619/day
Ive never been aware of changelly supporting NBT. The exchanges Nubits supports are above.
As for how slow it is, Ive found that internet connection speed (providers are better at 12-5 am local time too) and how long the client is left open is important to sync speed. The more recent blocks are slower to download, just like bitcoin as more people use it and the blocks have more data in them. I suggest you open the client up at night when you are sleeping or doing thing away from keyboard. If you leave it open for 24 hours a day, thats less than 4 days. If you dont want to wait 4 days, then sol? I pretty sure that speeding up sync time is on the developers long term roadmap but it wont be available immediately.