Doomsday clock for global market crash

23 Nations Around The World Where Stock Market Crashes Are Already Happening

You can stop waiting for a global financial crisis to happen. The truth is that one is happening right now. All over the world, stock markets are already crashing. Most of these stock market crashes are occurring in nations that are known as “emerging markets”. In recent years, developing countries in Asia, South America and Africa loaded up on lots of cheap loans that were denominated in U.S. dollars. But now that the U.S. dollar has been surging, those borrowers are finding that it takes much more of their own local currencies to service those loans. At the same time, prices are crashing for many of the commodities that those countries export. The exact same kind of double whammy caused the Latin American debt crisis of the 1980s and the Asian financial crisis of the 1990s.

As you read this article, almost every single stock market in the world is down significantly from a record high that was set either earlier this year or late in 2014. But even though stocks have been sliding in the western world, they haven’t completely collapsed just yet.

In much of the developing world, it is a very different story. Emerging market currencies are crashing hard, recessions are starting, and equity prices are getting absolutely hammered.

Posted below is a list that I put together of 23 nations around the world where stock market crashes are already happening.

1. Malaysia
  1. Brazil
  1. Egypt
  1. China
  1. Indonesia
  1. South Korea
  1. Turkey
  1. Chile
  1. Colombia
  1. Peru
  1. Bulgaria
  1. Greece
  1. Poland
  1. Serbia
  1. Slovenia
  1. Ukraine
  1. Ghana
  1. Kenya
  1. Morocco
  1. Nigeria
  1. Singapore
  1. Taiwan
  1. Thailand

Doomsday clock for global market crash strikes one minute to midnight as central banks lose control

3 Likes

you see this as profitable to digital currencies’ economy?

Yes and No.
I would like the Nu community to think about possible impacts and scenarios for NBT when the US stock market crashes in september and banks close.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I tend to think so. Take a look at this interesting post.

https://twitter.com/pmarca/status/635328823504928768
hilarious.
sorry guys, i cannot understand the purpose of all these forecasts!

I think in the short-term after the crash, Wall Street will try to find a new bubble they can inflate. Queue in cryptocurrencies.

This time the crisis is a crisis of FIAT, of the centralized nature of money.
I think we will see people loosing trust in institutions.
As a consequence they would be withdrawing their money from Wallstreet (banks) if they still can (there is a huge risk of capital control) and invest on their own in DACs, such as Nu and BCE, I feel.

2 Likes

Stock markets around the world seem to be already in confirmed selloff territory or very close to it.Here, we take a look at some key charts which demonstrate why this pessimistic mood looks set to continue.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/24/market-selloff-is-serious-in-five-charts.html

2 Likes