Current Liquidity

Another great idea!
Would a FLOT member be willing to step up and do that?
It wouldbe good to split responsibilities a little bit.
All that’s required is a Poloniex account.

@FLOT, @cryptog, @Dhume, @dysconnect, @jooize, @ttutdxh, @woodstockmerkle

by joining in an existing pool and setting a huge offset?

If you are at that big offset, you don’t even need NuBot and can place orders manually.
Whether it’s 90% offset or 85% or 92% doesn’t really matter.

Until someone is found, I put the proceeds from the NSR sale on order at the NBT/BTC pair:
That does no harm, unless BTC drops to $5 - in that case we have other problems, but it’s not very bad, because we barely have BTC left :wink:

The “best” buy is at $0.095 at the current BTC rate ($533).

5555 NBT @ 0.00018000 BTC; total BTC: 0.99999999
5555 NBT @ 0.00015000 BTC; total BTC: 0.83333332
5555 NBT @ 0.00010000 BTC; total BTC: 0.55550000
5555 NBT @ 0.00000800 BTC; total BTC: 0.04444000

I would be in favor of putting half of the proceeds on NuLagoon and half of the proceeds to BTC FLOT.[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:1830, topic:1239”]
Another great idea!Would a FLOT member be willing to step up and do that?It wouldbe good to split responsibilities a little bit.All that’s required is a Poloniex account.

@FLOT
[/quote]

Cannot do that unfortunately.

which comment ?

The one in his motion regarding liquidity.

The super tight spread at NuLagoon is the last thing we need now and the reserve still has 31 BTC.
There are more important things to do with the proceeds from the sale.
To get the liquidity provision going, testing the offsets at which real trading starts without seeing the BTC just evaporate is useful.

4 Likes

I agree, but am uncertain of methods to do it. Which alternatives do we have?

• Putting BTC on tight spread.
  • Putting BTC on degraded (broken?) peg spread.
  • Motivating liquidity provision?

FLOT has 31.7 BTC. Plus 6.9 BTC so far from NuShare sale. Expecting 8–20 BTC to arrive from CCEDK.

How do we replenish our Bitcoin liquidity reserve?

• NuBit sales.
  • NuShare sales.

I have to decline putting those 10 BTC at $0.1 myself, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I’m also in favor of not putting up 10 BTC at 0.10$ cents a piece. Its an interesting idea but we dont have funds to experiment with right now.

B&C Exchange currently has exactly 4 BTC. It is in the interest of B&C Exchange to trade these for NuBits. @masterOfDisaster can we arrange an off exchange trade by PM please?

You mean sending the 4 BTC FLOT and receiving NBT from FLOT in exchange for them?

I could send the BTC to FLOT and transfer the NBT from shareholder funds under my control if you like. Just wasn’t sure if you wanted the funds on your gateway instead. Whatever you choose.

I understood that @jooize can’t do it himself, but I didn’t read concerns regarding the idea.
The proceeds from the NSR sale are currently on exchange at $0.095 and below.
If these orders were filled, Nu did buy close to 70,000 NBT for the BTC equivalent of 2.4 million NSR :wink:

Maybe I have a better use for the BTC:
fire up NuBot on that account and try to foster trading by offering a buyside offset, that is below the current gateway offsets.

1 Like

I would be in favor of putting the proceedings of the NSR sale directly onto the buy side at a greater offset then the gateways currently are. Although we’re probally stretching some motion mandates by doing so.

didn’t you mean “tighter”.
If yes, I had the same idea:

No I mean’t greater, are we already ready to start offering BTC “cheaper” again?

I don’t know. Maybe we should try.
Nu needs to recover confidence.
Potential buyers of NBT need to know, they can trade them back at less offset than 5%.
I intend to use the BTC from the NSR sale to offer a tightened buyside.

@zoro tightened the buyside offset as well:

Maybe a bit too fast, but who knows.
@Cybnate recognized her PyBots had some trades and the offset each side ia 0.7% (spread 1.4%).

3 Likes

Well if your confident we should give it a try then I don’t see a reason not to, uncharted waters kind of thing.

In addition to @zoro, who is operating at 3% offset, I fired up a second NuBot that runs on the account, that was used for the NSR sale.
In addition to the 6.9 BTC that are proceeds from the NSR sale, @JordanLee traded 4 BTC for NBT with Nu and deposited the 4 BTC in the same account.

The test run with a tightened buyside offset continues.

Current settings:

I disabled the liquidity broadcast of my other Poloniex NuBot gateway (which remains running at an increased buysie offset), because this way it’s easier to track the liquidity situation (gathering it from getliquiditydetails is less fun than using getliquidityinfo):

Thu Jun  2 16:56:47 UTC 2016
status of mOD dual side NuBot at Poloniex:
nud getliquidityinfo B | grep B9gXptkoqAApF3AFrQyhUbhSzvuEudxupt -A 2
        "B9gXptkoqAApF3AFrQyhUbhSzvuEudxupt" : {
            "buy" : 5882.77,
            "sell" : 3.0

24h volume of Poloniex at start:

edit:
I asked for permission to transfer NBT from one NuBot account to the other:

which was granted.

Status of this NuBot liquidity with offsets 0.0035/0.02:

Thu Jun  2 18:30:42 UTC 2016
status of mOD dual side NuBot at Poloniex:
nud getliquidityinfo B | grep B9gXptkoqAApF3AFrQyhUbhSzvuEudxupt -A 2
        "B9gXptkoqAApF3AFrQyhUbhSzvuEudxupt" : {
            "buy" : 5876.3,
            "sell" : 5003.0

Status Poloniex:

The Bitfinex price feed seems to be off a bit from Poloniex; will investigate that.

1 Like

Bitfinex as main price feed is ok for Poloniex:

2016-06-02, 20:12 UTC Poloniex orders:

2016-06-02, 20:12 UTC Bittrex price:

e.g. 800 NBT sell @ 0.00187358 BTC:
0.00187358 BTC/NBT * 536.30 USD/BTC = 1.004800954 USD/NBT

400 NBT buy @ 0.00182933:
0.00182933 BTC/NBT * 536.30 USD/BTC = 0.981069679 USD/NBT

And the orders are at a reasonable place in the Poloniex order book.
I will keep the price fee Bitfinex as main feed for NuBot, but will have an eye on it as often as I can spare it.

3 Likes