Current Liquidity

If NSR/NBT were liquid it would have been a no-brainer to dump NBT on the buy wall and transfer value to NSR (dividends/buy-back), as that should actually reduce the exposure to risks associated with BTC volatility.

The 43k NBT gap is pretty large, it could be a good strategic decision to distribute dividends again at this point.

2 Likes

I would be interested in dividends this time.

By the way, “total_buy”:80855.78,“total_sell”:61940.5825 right now.

1 Like

We think Nushare buyback is a better choice than dividends. The money is stored in the value of NSR, so it does not flow out of the Nu system.

2 Likes

There are pros and cons on either side. Again, if NSR were more liquid we would never have to worry which to choose. I have a feeling that NSR illiquidity is a concequence of the design choices on how we operate as a DAO etc.

1 Like

We need to create a mechanism to make NSR liquid.
Market maker?
Unseeded auctions?

A tool that would enable you to convert automatically NSR/NBT in both directions would be awesome.
In fact since NSR guarantees the peg by burning, NSR price should be directly tied to the quantity of NBTs in circulation and its buy side liquidity, I feel.

I’m afraid not (yet) … Personally I do not have an historic archive of liquidityinfo … The software is already there tho, we should lobby @woolly_sammoth to either make it live again or distribute the source and instructions to deploy on raspberry so we can start record data.

help me out here -> [Draft discussion] - A market-maker to end NSR illiquidity

1 Like

i wonder what btc increase percentage will make ALP buy side disappear :stuck_out_tongue:
10% is not enough :smiley:

Poloniex (BTC/NBT) ask order target: 0 NBT filled of maximum 20000 NBT (0 %)

https://nupool.net/index.php/Current_rates

We sure are.
https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nbt

Sell wall completely vanished.

1 Like

because my bot places 0.5 NBT in sell side!!!

[NBT] NuBits 6246.88599830
On orders: 0.50000000

i can’t understand its behavior!

1 Like

you’re on nupool, yes?
Can you try to restart the bot for me please?

i 've restarted it many times. this behavior can be observed in all the pools. it is very random.

I see your order now. On the pool and on the order book.

I have seen it happening several times – the buy side disappears for a few minutes then a wall of 4k - 6k nbt appears.

Anyway, is Tier4 to be “the liquidity provider of the last resort” in situation like this? Tier 4 will be a special liquidity provider at pools such that it won’t give liquidity unless one side is very low, and when it gives, it does it almost automatically – the only manual part is transferring fund. Then, isn’t Tier4 becoming Tier 3?

I agree we need to think more about making a stronger T3. For now, this setup isn’t terrible.
We need distributions soon. We need this because we’re already pumping through large volumes to the nsr order book (we are dominating the nsr markets now a days) and selling off more nbt is just going to make T4 bigger, triggering more and more buybacks. Buybacks are great, but spread out over a long period of time. When we get a rapid influx of money and are confident it is natural (not an attacker) a distribution is a good idea to help eliminate counterparty risk without losing a whole lot trying to push even more nsr through the order books than we already are.

As far as the bot placing orders, I don’t think the current version of the restart works and the bots just get stuck in bad loops. I’m hoping to push another update this weekend.

1 Like

We need to get some NuBits for sale on Poloniex (the sell wall has less than 10 NBT on it). Who provides liquidity there and would be willing to purchase NBT with BTC for slightly less than $1 (whatever the normal buy side price is)? We can talk about it here in private messages or you can send me a Bitmessage at BM-2cXS5ezep1jUqeu8CwC6M4aTmMSxcFEHNN. I am not able to bring NBT directly to Poloniex.

Edit: Wow! That was quick. A couple minutes after posting this I noticed about 6400 NBT has been added to the Poloniex sell wall. Much more NBT is still needed there, though.

1 Like

That order is coming and going. I suspect that the tolerance / deviation / spread carousel stops spinning there.
@zoro’s SAF seems to be on edge.

i am trying my best :stuck_out_tongue:
i guess nu lagoon has no more NBT for sell wall.

@assistant liquidity

Hi @huafei

The current total liquidity in the Nu network is:

Bid: 82542.4331 NBT
Ask: 100148.688 NBT

It is broken down in the following manner:

Tier 1:
    Bid: 54108.1503 NBT
    Ask: 48622.8925 NBT

Tier 2:
    Bid: 9022.57 NBT
    Ask: 3257.511 NBT