Current Liquidity

Unless it was reduced over the weekend a bunch of it is tier 2 on the CCEDK NBT/EUR pair.

@assistant liquidity

Bot is asleep, here is the info from client:

Buy 30924.4919 Sell 35424.3537 !!!

Lot’s of NuBits have been bought. Same as we have seen with many altcoins overnight of which many exploded in price. Until it is clear what is driving this, I would be very cautious with acting on it. Almost too good to be true.

39 NuBits NuBits $ 893,890 $ 1.00 893,059 NBT * $ 5,384

NBT is pegged to USD.
Traders might respond to the Venezulian currency losing 25% overnight.
So those traders are now betting that cryptos are much more valuable that FIAT.
If those traders perceive NBT as FIAT then they won t buy NBT.
But NBT is not FIAT.
In appearance it is …or at least in terms of value.
Its value is just a scalar, the result of the application of a linear form on a vector.
That vector is not FIAT.
That vector is NSR.
NSR is a share into a decentralized central bank, which is totally different from a central bank printing out FIAT money.
So those traders should buy in the end NSRs too.
But that requires education.

EDIT: typo

1 Like

I like the explanation, but I think it is not very likely. But by lack of any better explanation I will take it for now.
Let’s see how this works out in the next few days. It is likely that they will sell again soon as you can’t buy much with NBT. It is mainly a hedge at the moment.

Couldn’t NuLagoon and the TLLP pools play a role in that as well?
The current interest rates of the pools are more attractive than parking…

NuLagoon is convenient to use as long as you have no problem trusting the pool with your money.
Total asset value in the pool as of last report is 17747.839 NBT.

Maybe @woolly_sammoth was successful in attracting people with his post on bitcointalk.org before it went down.
Clearly NuPool has by far the most users and the most liquidity at the moment. Nupool is the oldest TLLP pool, the original TLLP pool created by @creon and operated with first class service by @willy and @woolly_sammoth. NuPool has a very appealing website that allows potential liquidity providers to get the operation runnning without digging into https://discuss.nubits.com or other places.

In terms of liquidity it’s followed by Liquidbits which is (in my opinion) a step into an important direction having strong focus on fiat pairs which will allow relatively cheap liquidity providing. @Cybnate is doing a hell of a job pushing the success of NuBits, now even with providing a TLLP pool.

And last, but not least NuPond. It’s one of the two younger pools, but providing liquidity at bter I bet it will attract some more users and money as well in a market which I consider being important; the grant for NBT/CNY hasn’t even passed, but @Nagalim has been paying for providing liquidity from the beginning at own expense; [Passed] NuPond operation on Bter’s NBT/CNY pair will soon have passed, because the grant has gained “some traction” (91 of the last 100 blocks!)

Here’s an overview:

NuLagoon@github

TotalAsset(2015-05-21): 17747.839

http://eu.nupool.net/status

{"credits": 8176, "users": 15, "validations": 98121, "liquidity": [7081.745731519989, 23373.015625913333], "sampling": 12}

http://nbt.liquidbits.net/status

{"credits": 12226, "users": 3, "validations": 440140, "liquidity": [0.0, 2694.768114814053], "sampling": 36}

http://nupond.net/status

{"credits": 3535, "users": 7, "validations": 84841, "liquidity": [469.434816666667, 223.28199999999967], "sampling": 24}
3 Likes

@assistant liquidity

Sell side down even further. Haven’t seen it this low before! :balloon:

Or do we have custodians dropping the ball…
Edit: just noticed that eu.nu-pool is very low on liquidity compared to yesterday:

490.9677168133333, 2288.661465046666

Hi @Cybnate

The current Liquidity in the Nu network is:

16315 NBT on the sell side and 24133 NBT on the buy side.

Bittrex had some maintenance in that time window. Everything is back to normal again.

@assistant liquidity
That explains it.

Hi @Cybnate

40035 NBT on the sell side and 28602 NBT on the buy side.

@assistant liquidity

Hi @Nagalim

43309 NBT on the sell side and 29188 NBT on the buy side.

@assistant liquidity

Hi @cryptog

19654 NBT on the sell side and 42090 NBT on the buy side.

Should we start thinking about unfreezing the nbt strategic reserve?

Send some nbt from reserve to my auction. It will perform the same task as a share buyback.

I don’t think this is why we have a strategic reserve. We could ask for a grant to burn some NuShares and create NBT. Basically the reversal of when we burned NBT.

2 Likes

Do you mean the strategic reserve?

Or just propose a grant to send some to auction. Or make a grant to make a reserve to send a portion to auction every 5,000 blocks.