Complete: SSL has been enabled on discuss.nubits.com

After a period of testing to make sure that nothing would be inadvertently broken, SSL was enabled on discuss.nubits.com.

All traffic should be redirected through https://discuss.nubits.com now, so if you see something different, please let me know (send along the link that didn’t resolve properly along with the browser you were viewing the site in at the time).

At the same time I took the opportunity to upgrade the hardware the the forums are running on, which should do away any latency issues that were cropping up.

Enjoy.

6 Likes

Two thumbs up. Everything is working smoothly.

Thank you, great work. Looks like you did a good job installing it: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=discuss.nubits.com&s=104.20.3.46

It seems that ever since this change, I’ve been having a problem viewing the forum in mobile view. I’m using an iPhone 4S. I can see the latest threads fine, but if I try to click on any of them to view the replies for that thread, it continues to load the page without showing anything. I can see the top bar and access the navigation controls, but the thread itself won’t load. If I access the navigation and change it to desktop view, then the thread will load the rest of the way. It won’t work in mobile view though. The thread will just continue to load and nothing happens. As I said though, I have no problem loading the page with the latest thread titles. It’s just the thread itself that won’t fully load. Has anyone else been having this problem?

I’ve seen it appear occasionally, on my iPhone 5s, but only using Chrome Mobile. I’ll investigate further

Not sure if it’s related, but in the past few days sometimes when I load the forums everything is suuuper tiny. This is not on mobile. A refresh fixes it. I’ll take a screenshot of it next time if you’d like.

I’m just using regular Safari and haven’t changed anything on my phone lately. It seemed to start happening right around the time this change was made.

I had seen it before the migration to SSL, but it does appear to be happening more frequently. I’ll dig into it more.

This has happened to me a couple times this week as well.

What device are you on?

Firefox, PC.

That’s more likely to be related to an update to Discourse that I made a few days ago vs. the SSL change, but I’ll review the logs and the Discourse repo’s issue tracker to see if I can identify anything suspect.

I’m having this problem on Android.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

You beat me to it. I just noticed this when I viewed the site on a machine that didn’t log me in automatically.