Cointoolkit FLOT guide and changelog

OK. Thanks. Would be nice give this explanation as part of the warning when the explorer is down. I thought whoever generated the tx had forgotten to set fee.

I didn’t forget the fee. And without the fee, the tx wouldn’t have been processed, but it did.
It’s just strange, that it wasn’t displayed, but @ttutdxh explained why.

@backpacker, any idea, why I can’t create an NSR tx using your Cointoolkit fork and nuexplorer.ddns.net?

I tried that when I realized that @ttutdxh’s Cointoolkit couldn’t create the tx, because blockexplorer.nu was reported as down.
Then I tried @ttutdxh’s Cointoolkit with nuexplorer.ddns.net. Didn’t work either.

The thing is: neither nuexplorer.ddns.net nor blockexplorer.nu is down at the moment.

Since cointoolkit is using helper api from yahoo, we are out of luck when that’s playing up. Logs show no abnormalities, requests from yahoo come and answered correctly, but yahoo doesn’t respond properly back to the browser.

It’s working now, for me anyway.

1 Like

Not working here, but thank you for the explanation.

Actually after a bit of debugging, it seems that @ttutdxh multisig code expects data.result.json.json which does not exist in yahoo reply, since there’s only one output available for the address you are using. My internet is very bad so I’ll try to fix that tomorrow if @ttutdxh doesn’t get to do it first.

1 Like

Please don’t. This is a hack to circumvent CORS policy on the browser. This is the second hack to it (before we used a cors proxy) and as you would expect it is far from perfect.

What needs to be fixed is the API in the blockexplorer to include a “Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *” header with all the API requests. That is the only way this will be solved for good.

2 Likes

I’ve added access control allow origin header to nuexplorer.

I’ve also modified my version of coin toolkit to deal with single output properly.

4 Likes

Dir you already lose count how often I told you that you are amazing?

This was possible thanks to you:

I hope we finally get the NSR there…
Now it depends on the FLOT NSR group.

@ttutdxh unfortunately BKS is automatically send in 1 BKS transactions which leads to a huge list for the inputs on cointoolkit link. Could you adjust Cointoolkit for BKS so that the transactions are grouped by transaction ID?

1 Like

You can’t create a tx if you don’t specify every transaction id.
That is not a cointoolkit problem, it is the way the network is designed. It even hangs the official client sometimes.

How are we supposed to work around that?

Isn’t it possible to create a transaction with the Tx id of the total transfer? So we transferred roughly 1300 BKS at a time to the address can’t we use that Tx id to craft a transaction to transfer 1300 BKS again?

Edit: @sigmike could you help us out?

Every input has to include the txid and the output position “n”. No way around that.
It takes memory, a browser isn’t exactly the best place to do that kind of computing.

Have you tried the official client? It should be able to handle it more easily.

If the previous outputs are already split in 1 BKS outputs you can’t change that indeed and a transaction that would use 1300 inputs would be quite big.

The 1 BKS split can be prevented beforehand when the shares are sent by having for example splitshareoutputs=1000000 in the config of the sender. Share that are not going to be used to mint should probably be sent that way.

But to solve your immediate problem I think the easiest would be to use the listunspent RPC on the official client to get the list of unspent outputs of the address, and use a script to convert that to a list of inputs that you could pass to createrawtransaction. The script would select unspent inputs until the desired amount is reached. You would need to know the total amount selected so that you can include the right amount of change. Actually the script could do all that and just return the generated transaction.

1 Like

We used to use @dysconnect’s script to sign BTC multisig tx before we had cointoolkit. Maybe that script can be adapted for this?

Have anyone tried the official client?

I’m not to familiar with using RPC commands could you explain how to do it and how to make such a script?

this is the multisig commandline tool @dysconnect made for flot to sign tx https://github.com/dc-tcs/git-multisig

see this thread FLOT Operations Thread for help. sorry i couldn’t help more as my bce client is down .

Yeah the fee calculation might not be good enough but it can be adapted for BKS. I plan to work on it but can’t do anything for a couple of days.

If I’m not mistaken, listunspent in the official client only gives outputs that can be spent by the client, so doesn’t work for multisig addresses

Indeed.