Olivier Janssens, an internet entrepreneur, investor and newly elected Bitcoin Foundation board member, released a scathing review of the organization on a bitcoin forum post today. In his post, Janssens claims the board has broken its own protocol in meetings to squash his attempts to increase its transparency. He also claims the foundation is “effectively bankrupt”.
Everyone has the right to know the truth:
- The Foundation has almost no money left, and just fired 90% of its people. Some will stay on as volunteers.
- Core dev can no longer be funded by it, and Patrick Murck is trying to re-create a new Foundation just for core dev, because the current name is tarnished. Do not fall for this.
- The current Executive Director (Patrick Murck), will be gone in 2 weeks, and they are trying to find the next person to blame everything on.
- Jim Harper was threatened for doing a press release which was (barely) critical of the Foundation after he got elected. The Foundation tries to make sure we hide the truth by subtly threatening us on a regular basis.
- If I get asked to leave the Foundation for telling the truth, so be it. The truth is being told.