BCE development roadmap

I want to get this started as I think BKS holders want to be aware of the development progress of BCE.
I’m not intending to have completion dates put to the milestones, but I think a general overview helps to see where BCE is and to prepare next steps.
It would be horrible to have the exchange ready just to realize the reputed signers environment isn’t ready :wink:
Ok, just kiddin’, you’ll see below why this won’t happen (in case you don’t already know) but you understand what I mean.

@JordanLee gave an overview of the development here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg12005312#msg12005312
I tried to highlight the parts I consider important.

As additional funds have been received (at least another 100,000 NBT over the last week in addition to the minimum funding of 200,000 NBT; that’s +50%!) “additional goodies” can be put to the roadmap.

For the additional goodies there’s another statement on bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg12177198#msg12177198

That already gives a quite detailed overview of the development. We might focus on the additional goodies of which some can be bought with the additional ~100,000 NBT that have been raised.

I second @JordanLee’s assessment that it’s too early now to decide hard and fast what develop in addition, but I think discussing what might be useful and in which order of importance can be done already.

I agree that CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY should have priority. But I fear the implementation of it relies on the foreign blockchains having support for it.
The most obvious benefit of CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY is the automatic payout to a specified address at a certain point of time in the future. This completely eliminates risk that might arise from reputed signers vanishing.
I’m not able to tell how likely it is that reputed signer disappear and that funds might get locked in multi signature addresses forever, but I’m able to tell that CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY completely solves the problem - unless I understood it wrong.

I’d like to see a kind of
"website to access BCE blockchain packages" before
Android apps or an
escrow framework

3 Likes