B&C on Raspberry Pi

Is there binary available?

I’m not aware of such a binary.
But as the source code is available, you can compile it yourself (I did that and bcexchanged runs fine).
If you follow the documentation of how to compile nud, it should be easy.

1 Like

Link to how to compile nud?

Sorry, but on mobile phone I’m often lazy when it come to looking for and linking information… :wink:
https://docs.nubits.com/nu-raspberry-minting/

Thanks a lot! Raspberry 2B. :slight_smile:

Is the wallet GUI or command line? Don’t we need to startX on raspberry?

I use my RPI headless ever since I started using it. The guide helps you to compile the daemon, so command line only.
Compiling the QT GUI version might be a bit harder; I don’t know as I’ve never tried.

I guess command line mode counsumes less power on Raspberry, that’s good if u wanna it mint for years.

A question:

[quote]Enable SSH :

Enter $ sudo raspi-config in the terminal, then navigate to ssh, hit Enter and select Enable or disable ssh server.

Accept passwordless SSH sessions

Follow this tutorial, or if you know what you are doing simply run (on your machines)
•$ cat ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub | ssh pi@ ‘cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys’

Disable SSH password login

Edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config
•$ sudo pico /etc/ssh/sshd_config

and make sure these three parameters are set to no

ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
PasswordAuthentication no
UsePAM no

Restart SSH with $ sudo /etc/init.d/ssh restart
[/quote]

If I want SSH with passwd, so I can skip this step?

yes

Right.
But I recommend trying certificate based login. It can be very convenient if you use it in the right environment. For example tools like Keepass can save the certificates and automatically feed them to the application that connects via SSH (with the help of the addon keeagent) to the RPI or other devices that support SSH login via certificates (and which are prepared for that).
But this highly depends on your preferences.

But where is the source link of B&C exchange? I mean “git clone *****” command, I should replace nubits source url with B&C.

Is that"https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange.git"?

Yes

You know I have only some basic knowledge of Ubuntu/linux, but it seems enough!

Raspberry pi, combination of Linux and Arm, great!

Glad you’ve found it. I only have basic knowledge as well.
But typically things are pretty well documented on linux. You can get very far with a little patience, reading, and searching forums :smile:

1 Like

When I reboot it, it says

"raspberrypi login: error: To use the “-daemon” option, you must set a rpcpassword in the configuration file /.bcexchange/bcexchange.conf

it is recommended you use the following random password:
rpcuser=nurpc
rpcpassword=XXXXXXXXXXX
if the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions"

So what is “rpc”?

But in the end, it begins to mint!

:grinning:

Good to hear that! Congratulations!

I bet you have found out what “rpc” is. Am I right? :wink:

RPC is god.

Remote Procedure Call Protocol

bcexchanged is a server program which is activated by “bcexchanged -daemon” command.

I used Ubuntu several years ago, see “apt-get” again, back to linux home. :smile:
Both ubuntu and raspbian are branches of debian, is it right?

How to manage my vote on Raspi? Datafeed is recommended, but I wonder the CLI way.
BTW, how about build a binary on Raspbian? Windows, MacOS, Linux and a GUI version on raspberry!

Try this:

nud setvote '
{
    "custodians" : [
    ],
    "parkrates" : [
    ],
    "motions" : [
    ],
    "fees" : {
    }
}
'

If you have trouble finding the proper formatting, make the settings on a GUI version and show them with getvote.

1 Like