[ANN] The Creation Of NuLagoon Tube - Bonus Available Now

@henry,
do you think you can show the absolute nubit value together with btc value in the market depth graph?
for example ASK: 1.00xxx - BID: 0.99xxx

A thought i post in bitcoin forum about nulagoon tube operation
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1297984.msg13452033#msg13452033
do you think it would be possible in the future?

OP_RETURN should be able to carry that information.
What are you going to do if an invalid address is provided?

Sending back to the sending address isnā€™t reliable when sending from an exchange, but Iā€™m not aware of exchanges supporting such a feature.

So using the OP_RETURN to provide a return address could only be used from the wallet or Cointoolkit (which already supports using OP_RETURN!).
In that case returning funds to the sending address would be viable.

It is always a bad practice to make any other transaction than withdrawal from an exchange address, or adress you donā€™t control directly.
The first thing a crypto user should learn.
Thanks for reply.
Then we just need to make this feature available in wallets?

This is a really cool idea, I think. Also pertinent to seeded auctions, where a dynamic NBT-NSR pairing would be excellent.

1 Like

You think you or someone else can make this NBT-NSR exchange soon?

Iā€™ll let you in on the beta when it happens. Anyway, not the place for it. NuLagoonTube using OP_RETURN instead of coincontrol and address pairs. Is it doable? Is it worth it?

Againā€¦Iā€™d be interested in seeing this open sourced so others could be elected to run similar such gateways.

2 Likes

[IMPORTANT UPDATE]

• Update rules to determine user address in TubeIn transactions:

If multiple input addresses is used in TubeIn transaction, the input address which is registered in the live addr-pairs will be choosed to be the user address, regardless it is the first input address or not.

That means now you can send money to NuLagoon Tube from multiple addresses, just make sure one of them is registered.

if more than one input address are registered, Tube will randomly pick up one to be the user address.

If all the input addresses is not registered, fund will be sent back to the first input address.

The rule for register-request transaction stay the same: the first input address is user address.

2 Likes

Oh super interesting. Id been avoiding doing this because i thought it implied the user was confused. However, it might be the way to go to ease deposits.

If there are 2 registered, do you just use the first? If there are no registered addresses, when you send back do you just send the full amount to the first input address?

1 Like

if more than one input address are registered, Tube will randomly pick up one to be the user address.

If all the input addresses is not registered, fund will be return to the first input address.

3 Likes

[ANN] We just lowered NuLagoon Tubeā€™s transaction fee rate to 0.1%, and spread to 0.3%. Effective immediately.

Enjoy it.

4 Likes

Then Nagalim you have a very strong competition! :stuck_out_tongue:
Nice move henry!

Not necessarily.

Dealing with Nagalim doesnā€™t require sending funds from a specific (registered) address.
To exchange with Nagalim, you may withdraw from the exchange to Nagalimā€™s address and receive funds in turn on your exchange address.

Using NuLagoon to balance funds on exchange requires moving them through wallets.
Only if you have sufficient funds in the wallet and can balance exchange funds with that, you are as fast as when dealing with Nagalim.

The benefit of not having to make a deal with NuLagoon, because everything is automated, remains.

There are cases in which NuLagoon works better.
In other cases Nagalim wins.
Itā€™s not only about the spread and the fee.

1 Like

The tube will usually win in terms of magnitude of liquidity, ease of use, and anonymity. Im not really competing with the tube, im not really competing with anybody. Im just hoping i run out of funds before FLOT is called on again to use the gateways.

Thereā€™s already a call for FLOT depositing funds.
But in difference to the last times this is no emergency call. I didnā€™t even ping the FLOT members.
It would be nice to see your funds run dry before the next emergency call is required!

This is slightly off topic regarding NuLagoon, but related to your custodianship in a way:
I thought about the balance between buy side and sell side funds at dual side NuBots. It takes longer to transfer BTC. Would it make sense to keep an asymmetric ratio that favours BTC to have more funds as buffer? NBT can be refilled much faster and seeing the peg break downwards might be perceived as worse than seeing it break upwards (which we already had for a short period of time).

@henry,
i have observed that the bid/ask values in Market Depth area of the tube site are very slow in changing.
Actually, they donā€™t follow the market values in real time!

We decide to reduce transaction fee to 0 for FLOT and other known liquidity operators.

Effective immediately.

3 Likes

@henry

Suggestion: remove Step 1 (Register an addr pair to the Tube) from your Tube. I guess that will attract more liquidity and traders for your exchange and make it even more ā€œinstantā€.

Practical example: by making mandatory traders to send 3 tx (2 registration tx + 1 exchange tx) when they just want to do 1 exchange (1 tx) is not so user friendly and instant as the way ShapeShift does, right?

People are too lazy to do 2 steps when just 1 could be required (BTW Iā€™m also includedā€¦) :sleepy:

Why not dropping Step 1 when you just need Step 3?

Everybody wins (time and resources) with that changeā€¦

Would you elaborate how to determine userā€™s receiving address without the addr-pair registration.
Thank you.