Abnormal Bot Buy/Sell Patterns Detected on CCEDK (NBT/BTC)

I was alerted to a series of strange “sell” orders that appeared on the CCEDK NBT/BTC market that indicated higher than normal trading volume. We are investigating right now to see if this is real volume or something else.

Early indications from CCEDK (discussions between @ben and their team) indicate that we were only one one side of the trades, but I want to make sure of that.

I will provide updates as I have them.

//KTm

Update:

Further investigation is pointing to these trades being the result of a wall collision caused by a previously unidentified defect only apparent during an extremely unlikely set of conditions. We are awaiting follow-up confirmation from CCEDK to explain why their records and the bots records may not be in agreement.

Since 14:30 GMT we have not seen the same set of conditions, so the bot has been performing as expected. More updates will be provided once we have more information.

//KTm

Update:

We still do not have confirmation that these were our own wall collisions, but our evidence suggests that they are. The bug that lead to the situation has been resolved and a test is being run to confirm that it has been fixed.

This was an unexpected distraction this afternoon, so my updates on the current state of the grant that I had planned on releasing today will need to be pushed back until tomorrow afternoon when I will have a chance to put the information in order.

If you notice anything that does not look right on the CCEDK NBT/BTC market from this point forward, please let someone on the Nu development team know about it. Thank you.

//KTm

2 Likes