[Withdrawn] Motion to create a new Tier 6 (Restricted Network Access) of liquidity

Did the price increase leading up to the halving? What happened to it immediately after? Did it drop back down or maintain?

After the halving, not likely unless Bitcoin utilisation increases further. However with more competitors around, especially Ether I doubt it would be significant. But hey, who has a good crystal sphere, mine is a bit hazy :slight_smile:

My crystal sphere tells me, that for economical reasons the price needs to be worthwhile to continue mining.
If it doesn’t, Bitcoin starts to fail.

Reasoning:

We need to prepare the network for a failure of BTC. Fortunately we are in a good way.

This is it in a nutshell:

1 Like

The halving happened on 25AUG16.

2 months prior to the halving the price started to increase a lot.

Speculation on the positive effect of the halving is most likely one reason.

https://atriark.com/blog/litecoin-become-best-investment-2015/

As you can see in the plot, the price of litecoin stayed the same after the halving.

Many are suspecting this surge of btc price is crafted by the miners to save themselves before halving.

With the current price rise and high fees, miners must earn a lot of money right now. I bet they invest in the latest efficient energy to power ratio equipment so there mining cost would be relatively low going forward.
When the miners are behind this price rise, it will get even more interesting, but there is no proof for that.
But I think we are digressing…

Edit: @mhps, same thoughts at the same time.

This is an interesting theory. I am gonna re-read what you wrote 1 year ago.[quote=“mhps, post:106, topic:3160”]
Many are suspecting this surge of btc price is crafted by the miners to save themselves before halving.
[/quote]

Very interesting. Do you have any links?

I suggest we continue this discussion here: How is Nu prepping for Bitcoin halving?

You have to flip some things around to make the post match the coinbase reward halving.
In the end it’s no difference whether the price drops by 50% or the coinbase reward drops by 50% (without being compensated by BTCUSD).

No. Read them in forums several times. Can’t remember the source.

I see. I would not be surprised that the price is manipulated.
As it was in 2012 and 2013 by mostly mtgox, it seems.
So we surely need to prepare for a big drop in price.
bitcoin price will never be stable. it will always undergo huge surges and huge drops.
So Nu should always be in business even in the hedging market.

In my opinion it is more likely to be a gradual drop and not starting till closer or after the halving date.