Why don't we use NBT as B&C exchange transaction fee?

BKS holders can just change this, as far as I understand.

The auction didn’t succeed, so we’ll just have to see what happens. Even if NBT is delisted some time down the road, I still think a decentralized exchange is incredibly useful to the whole crypto community and am glad to see it push forward and especially glad that NSR holders will still maintain a 50% portion.
Nu is not a decentralized exchange. We should find our own income sources.

With B&C being a decentralised exchange am I right in thinking that the only way a currency would be delisted is if there were no reputed signers for that external blockchain?
So, to ensure that NuBits always remain listed (despite a miniscule volume) it just requires a NuShare holder or holders to remain as signers on the B&C blockchain.

1 Like

Only initially. Those BKS holders without NSR may buy more BKS in future.

That is only possible if the NSR holders sell their BKS or don’t mint it. Otherwise, they will always maintain 50%.

Clearly some will sell, I’m just saying, we’re pretty much guarenteed that a portion of BKS holders are NSR holders forever, as long as some of them hold a minting portion.

Any BKS holder may sell his BKS at proper price, they do this either for FIAT profit or more BKS in future(they may fail), you cannot guarantee the BKS and NSR holders’ intersection is big enough after 1-2 years especially the new auction proposal makes many BKS holders without NSR.

I don’t think giving up the profit opporunity @B&C exchange for Nu is a wise decision.

I don’t think it was so much of a decision as a consequence of the auction failing. I understand the need to separate more if it will earn the funds needed to accomplish the project. I’d rather see another successful DAO than smother B&C by holding on too tight.

The only way I see B&C delisting NuBits is if Nu fails to accomplish its goals. If Nu fails, then does it really make a difference if B&C delists it? If Nu succeeds, then BlockShare holders will benefit from the liquidity Nu provides them. Why would they have any reason to delist it if they’re benefiting from us?

imagine that the BTC/Doge transaction on B&C exchange is very popular and all the process/transaction ability( 10 per second) is occupied by BTC/Doge pair for a long time, what will BKS holders do? BTC/Doge or BTC/NBT to be delisted(at least temporary)?

Today, the ripple-doge-ltc trade volume is much higher than NBT pairs( hundreds times bigger), if you open B&C exchange to other cryptos trading, the BKS holders will judge which one is the most trade volume thus most transaction fee.

If I were a BKS holder and did see the block chain getting congested by the maximum of transactions it can support, I’d rather vote for increasing the fees than delisting trading pairs…