[Passed] Continued NuPond Operation

Can you explain what this means in non-technical terms?

I want separate pools for btc and cny for technical reasons. Therefore I need two custodial addresses to submit liquidity properly (or my cny pool will overwrite my btc submitions and vice versa). I could rework the code so this isn’t necessary, but Sam doesn’t want to put too much work into revamping it if we’re just gonna use a different thing anyway.

This allows me to run both pools out of nupond.net (using different ports).

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. You should put the second custodial address in the main body of the OP to ensure everyone sees it.

1 Like

If we’re just trying to generate trade volume, keep the large spreads and get an active pair like BTC/CNY and peg both sides of it with a large spread. Then, let people arbitrage that pair off the peg feed using our liquidity. We get double the volume, they get to play a safe bet, and really the people that lose are the people pushing the local pair out of equilibrium with our feeds.
This totally goes along with what @masterOfDisaster was saying about channeling btc funds to fiat, we could also be the arbitragers.

Someone is voting on the hash for this grant. Thank you very very much for your support, but hashes are for motions. All you have to do to support this is perform a custodian vote for the requested amounts at the two addresses:

Custodial Address: BAt6MK2WEy2xzZbERe858kyDPahB1vLcVY
Amount Requested: 1 NBT
and
Custodial Address: BPLdB3cUa6RupfbDL1Xuh7QDAmbtoXyFNh
Amount Requested: 781 NBT

2 Likes

Custodial Address: BAt6MK2WEy2xzZbERe858kyDPahB1vLcVY
Amount Requested: 1 NBT
voted

voted

http://nupond.net/
@wengone please take a look at this if you would.

2 Likes

Nice.
So you set already the spread inside the code but one can modify it if needed.
By the way, that would be great if you could detail all the risks possible, like nulagoon does.

Each nbt pair has its own individual pool.conf, they are grouped into the three operations (liquidbits, nupond, nupool).

I can list the basic risks, but ultimately it depends on the user’s settings for the bot. Also, I think NuLagoon just says "The actual return could be less or more than expected because of the
volatility of BTC price against USD(not Pool C) and other factors."
I’ll do my best to list the individual risks for the two pairs and how they differ. I also might want to redo the pictures, it’s hard to see what’s going on in them. I’ll give that stuff a shot tomorrow, along with any other suggestions people want to make.

1 Like

I think Cryptog means something like this: https://nupool.net/index.php/Risks_&_Chances

2 Likes

Yah, cool, so all three of those apply to my btc pool, while only the second applies to my cny pool, because practically the price of CNY does not move much. I’ll put em on my webpage later, I need to learn some basic formatting stuff for making lists in html and so on.

1 Like

How’s that? (under the disclaimer section)
http://nupond.net/

Nice

1 Like

Thank you all for the passage of the actual funding.

I was really hoping someone might be able to test out my repo and tell me if it works on unix. I don’t mean to be pushy, I just really want to get this thoroughly tested before I announce it to bitcointalk.

1 Like

Great Job! Thanks

If you tell me what characters to put, I can put up a hyperlink to whatever you want with whatever message you want for chinese speakers. Or I could just remove the chinese bit all together, it’s up to you. I used google translator, so I’m sure it doesn’t say what I want it to.

Thank you all for your continued support (sorry my grant caused a fork, heh). This has passed and can be unpinned.

The one with 1nbt?