USNBT purchases and burns

blocks can’t sync ? Is there any way to get them working again?

Will be difficult without assistance of those who have access to the key peers IP addresses encoded into the client. Those peers will often set the ‘official blockchain’ to follow. It looks like no one from the team is still available to do that though. Syncing with random peers is very difficult if not impossible without these key peers.

If you are keen, you could update the client code, recompile with peers in your control, distribute and set a new fork.

1 Like

There’s a much simpler explanation: Phoenix finally managed to get rid of all their NSR and NBT and had no reason to continue the farce.
Nu has been dead in the water for years.

If by dev you mean Phoenix, then that’s a plausible and not very unlikely explanation.

This!

That explanation doesn’t really work for this coin. There were still new grants being overwhelmingly approved and at the time there was still an active exchange market with some (albeit small) value.

Regarding syncing, you only need one IP of an active node on the network. Once you manage to connect the other node will give you all the IPs it knows about. The seed nodes don’t really matter except for starting a new node. On some projects where the original seed nodes don’t work and no one wants to set up new ones, people just give out IPs on a forum. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any active IPs offhand, but last I checked my node was still connected.

Just move on yourself. Why be so pretentious as to tell other people what “it is time” for them to do?

what’s should we do ?

Here are a couple of IPs that work, add them to your nu.conf or -addnode=[IP] on the command line:

addnode=5.9.144.132
addnode=178.62.58.145

1 Like

still not work

I’m pretty sure those IPs do work but I will test bringing up a new node with them a little later

it seems to have worked, I lost several months of stacking without counting, but anyway glad Nubits’s blocks are back

I don’t doubt that there are still people minting and voting.
I do doubt that Phoenix is still one of those though.

You know, it’s how rug pulls work - some need to be left for the rug pullers to dump on. This might’ve been the slowest rug pull in the history of crypto, but it can very well have been one :wink:

@smooth I think he still supports the project, hopefully there will be an organization to sponsor Nubits, it will come back.

You’re missing the point. It isn’t that minting and voting was going on, it is that large grants were easily approved. The developers could not “get rid of all their NSR and NBT” because they could easily continue to get more, and were continuing to get more through grants.

So that explanation doesn’t work. But clearly they’ve not been responsive for whatever reason, we just don’t know why.

Guess who could’ve profited from that?
Although I literally wrote “get rid of all their NSR and NBT” I meant recoup their investment.

Do grants still get approved easily? Or was it Phoenix all along controlling the network?

Thanks. I added them to the wallet download page.

What do you think about the approach to recreate Nu with modern technology and migrate the blockchain balances?

I think this the best solution for the nu blockchain, the smart contracts will fit better the porpouse of making stable coins for all currencys

Another problem I see is the SEC cracking down on crypto. They have already targeted Coinbase for listing unregistered securities, and I believe this will spread. Nu is a security. Ethereum is also a security. Most blockchains that were distributed via Proof-of-Work, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Peercoin, are not securities and fail the howey test. NuShares were distributed to people who purchased them with the expectation of earning a profit. It passes the howey test. If this crackdown continues to expand, crypto exchanges will refuse to deal with securities for fear of being targeted by the SEC and other law enforcement agencies around the world. I’m not sure how Nu could get around this.