Undistributed NuShares

Still waiting here too, just to ease the wait, unless too busy with anything else, an update on the status would help

Still waiting

I apologize for the slow processing of requests from community members requesting to purchase NuShares. Working through those is my top priority right now and I expect to be spending more time on this than has been the case the last few weeks. I am currently responding to requests sent on 28 September. The price is 0.002 NBT per NuShare or the equivalent of 0.0021 NBT if payment is made in BTC or PPC.

The price you pay will be the price when you requested purchase.

I respond to everyone, so if you sent your request before 28 September and have not received a response, it means I didn’t get your message and you should resend. Bitmessage is no longer having the unreliable performance it had the second half of September, so resends should not be necessary going forward.

Jordan, thank you for the update! Looking forward to a reply on BM :slight_smile:

Hello Jordan - thanks for the update.
I had my 1st BitMessage received and acknowledged on Sep. 26th.
I then received a “A guide to minting and voting with NuShares” message on Oct. 10th.

However, I have yet to receive a personal reply personally addressed to my address, instructing further recommendations on how to acquire NuShares and what to present to qualify, between other presumable conditions.

Should anything I might do, please let me know.

Kind regards,

-cryptocoiner (Marketing and business development, Tokyo)

NuShares will now be 0.0025 NBT each and the equivalent of 0.0026 if paid in PPC or BTC.

Approximately 53% of NuShares remain undistributed.

As a result of the higher market price that now exists, I will expect a stronger contribution to the network in order to be approved to purchase undistributed NuShares.

I’d still like to participate. BitMessage requirement is a total fail. I think the messaging/privacy limitation was a fine concept until it didn’t work. Privacy is great, but not if it stands in the way of progress.

I’ve got some resources to bring to this project if someone on the team wants to reach out. I use email.

Best
Dave Carlson, CEO
megabigpower.com

BitMessage has been working fine for the past week or two since the network broadcast spam attack seems to have stopped. Try re-sending a message if you haven’t heard back yet.

BitMessage doesn’t even start for me. I don’t get much time to mess with it before I need to move on to other things.

Which system are you installing it on? The GUI will occasionally take a few minutes to load up if it’s a fresh install.

BitMessage just released 0.4.4 too at https://bitmessage.org/wiki/Main_Page . Shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to get it loaded and operational.

For people having trouble with the bitmessage software you can try using bitmsg.me. It’s basically a web based bitmessage client. It give you more of an email-like interface. I’ve successfully tested it against my own BM client, and messages were sent/received within minutes.

Make sure to check your spam inbox for the confirmation email. Gmail seemed to mark it as spam and I was a bit clueless how to login till I found the email in there.

2 Likes

First few tries were on my Win7 box. I tried the newest version and an older version that someone mentioned on the forum. It fired up a couple times (maybe 2/10 tries), but never got another response from Jordan and/or team.
My other machines are Win8. Something called SmartScreen blocks BM from running.

I have no need to hide my identity. I don’t understand why Jordan and team need to do this. How can they expect me to invest real money into a project without meeting the team?

Our team is comprised of veteran members from the Peercointalk community. We’ve each established our trustworthiness and reputations there over the past year with the pseudonyms we use. It appears many individuals have already invested in Nu with Jordan.

Nu aims to be fully decentralized and without borders. If you’re looking for our real-life identities before investing this is not the project for you.

What does hiding your identity have to do with being fully decentralized and without borders?
This thread isn’t the place for me to start a rant about the identity thing. I’ve read most of Jordan’s initial posts about Nu, but perhaps I’ve forgotten his justification for it.
I’m a Peercoin supporter from the beginning, but unfortunately I haven’t had time to follow Peercointalk in order to familiarize myself with the team. I’m sure there are others like me who are interested in this project, but haven’t been tuned in enough to know you guys.
It seems a shame to make investors fit an uncomfortable mold in order to participate.

I can only speak for myself, but I think most if not all of the team would be happy to share what they do on a day-to-day basis and the roles they fill. The only aspect that is private is related to identities.

What types of information would you like to know about us? Perhaps a separate thread should be set up to answer these types of questions.

I use my real name. I’ve worked with Jordan Lee and others for the last 10 months on this project and only have met one of them in person.

It’s not for everyone, and sure, I’m curious who they are, but it hasn’t gotten in the way of what we do. To date they’ve all been stand-up people who do what they say they will.

If the requirement of using BitMessage to communicate is too troublesome for you to bother with then I would recommend buying your shares on the open market.

2 Likes

Even Bitmessage installer doesn’t start for me. I did try bitmsg.me but when BM network was attacked, it fared worse. I think transactional activities (paying fund and receiving shares) can go through BM. Other exchanges can go through forum, PM, email, chat etc. if both parties feel comfortable.

That is the only thing that has a requirement to use BitMessage.

For those of you having a problem getting it to run, and don’t have ready access to a different computer, VirtualBox can easily run Linux and is it’s pretty easy to set up.

Hi @buzzdave!
I’d like to share my view regarding anonymity.
Being known means being controllable in other ways that you can be controlled if you are anonymous. That is true in general. Particularly for Nu it means that people in important positions (known as a big shareholder, custodian, dev, etc.) can become the target of blackmailing, threats, etc.
Anonymity can protect from that.
I’m not even going to start thinking about what governments might want to do in the future…

That’s why staying anonymous can be important.
I understand that you feel uncomfortable with trusting people with your money that you don’t know. I recommend to trust your gut instinct.

Allow me to ask you one question:
how would you describe your future role as a holder of NuShares?
This question crossed my mind when I was thinking about your trouble with Bitmessage and your way of dealing with that…

1 Like

I have been aggressively acquiring shares. However I’m paying a significant premium to do this and it doesn’t establish the business relationship I’m interested in…not to mention I can only pull 50k NSR per day off exchange…