Trust-less liquidity pool

Right. I mean you don’t need Java, only Python, and this only needs to be installed for Windows users since Mac OS and Linux come with Python. But yes, I agree that this is another barrier for some people I guess.

1 Like

I am not sure but I seem to remember it is possible to compile python code to a windows executable?

1 Like

It is possible. I’m just going through the procedure now.
I’ve built a UI for interaction with the trustless pool software. I’m using pyinstaller to build a sinlge click executeable but it’s giving a bit of issue at the moment.

(If you’re interested, the code for the UI is here: https://github.com/inuitwallet/plunge)

About two hours ago I started to recognize a problem with Bittrex. The server only barely gets requests validated and I think some of you will have an efficiency of around 0 now. Sometimes it recovers for a while, but all data during those (long) periods is faulty. When talking to Bittrex they already warned me that Cloudfare might throttle the server, but I cannot say if this is in any way related to our current problem.

What I did now is to modify the Bittrex client in the way that it ensures that only one order per market side will be placed at a time. This means previous orders will simply be removed before placing a new one. This will reduce the number of calls to the exchange and hopefully solve our problem for now:

https://github.com/creon-nu/nu-pool/releases/tag/0.9

THIS UPDATE IS MANDATORY!

We will update the server once @woolly_sammoth and @willy are awake. When we did this, the server will not accept more than two orders (buy/sell) in a request of a user, such that requests from old client in some cases will get rejected. So please update the client as soon as possible to reduce the load on the current server.

I can only hope that it will improve the situation. Furthermore I am eagerly trying to get in contact with Bittrex to get more information from their side. Don’t know what else to say than sorry - with 10 users and more than 7000 NBT liquidity on day one the operation already scaled to a multiple of the beta and these problems were hardly observable from my tests.

Important: When the server restarts, all balances will be reset to zero. I will personally take care that all open balances will be sent (manually) when we restart the server. Furthermore be assured that your funds are not at risk, also not on the current server. The trading bot is not affected by all this, its only the server <-> exchange communication which creates this problem.

Thank you for your understanding!

Before the update I was fine. After the update I get tons of missing requests with a 75% efficiency. I’m at sampling size 23.
edit: I restarted the client and this time it achieved 100% at 23 sampling size.

Thanks for reporting. Did you see some INSUFFICIENT FUNDS warnings? If so, please redownload 0.8, I saw a small issue in the trading bot which might be related to the missings. I didn’t make a new release to avoid even more confusion now.

EDIT: I restarted the server, please check if you have a better connection now. I will send the balance you lost soon.

Works great, thank you.

Please update again, I think bid orders were still not placed correctly after getting removed. I am not entirely sure if this is completely fixed with the change I made now, but I really need to get some sleep so I will look into it tomorrow if it still should be an issue.

So please, and everyone else too, redownload 0.8.

I am on 0.8. Works smoothly. No such warnings so far.

That’s good to hear. I still had trouble with it and implemented yet another fix. This so far worked for me and I made a new release:

https://github.com/creon-nu/nu-pool/releases/tag/0.9

It really only contains this fix, so if you are fine with 0.8 then you can stick to that version.

1 Like

You are all not placing orders right? Probably happened after a BTC price movement, correct? If this is the case, my apologies. Too many things happened last night and I was not able to fix it 6 hours ago.

Anyway, here is the new trading client which at least in my 2 hours testing now works just as expected:

https://github.com/creon-nu/nu-pool/releases/tag/0.92

I just stopped the bot which ran with no issue because i wanted to observe the btc/usd market a bit.
So no need to apologize. :smile:
I will restart the bot after pulling the latest version.
Tks fot your hard work anyway.

My client lost connection or not working properly many times.

I had that issue last night, mhps. Did you upgrade to 0.92?

Whenever I see problems I make an upgrade, which usually fixes the problem. I am saying it happened many times. TLLP is rapidly maturing.

Thanks for the concerns everyone. You are right that the client is having a few issues at the moment.
There does seem to be a wider issue with the current speed of the API at Bittrex. The testing of the Bittrex wrapper for NuBot hit a similar problem earlier on today. It’s pure speculation on my part but i think CloudFlare could be rejecting some connections as the API is being overloaded due to the Bitcoin price movement over the last 24 hours.
We are currently gathering data using different configurations of the client and will be making a concerted effort to get a fix in place this evening when all the pool leaders can get together. Until then, thank you all for your continued support.
It’s unfortunate that issues have affected the running so early in the pools operation. It was expected that we would see issues (maybe not quite so severe) as the liquidity ramped up to levels the software hasn’t handled before. It is for this reason that we took the decision to only operate on one exchange for this first outing.

This morning was the first time I had to do with Bittrex API and there is clearly something on their side that makes interaction with the exchange quite an experience.

EDIT: There is also this news in the homepage :

BTC wallet is under heavy from almost double the usual volumes. We are working on a longer term fix, but in the meantime, please submit your withdrawals and wait for them to clear. Cancelling and resubmitting will only reset your place in the queue.

Maybe unrelated, maybe not.

1 Like

I am on 0.92.
Getting now plenty of “2015/04/14-22:30:07 ERROR: unable to place bid btc order of XXX nbt at 0.00446909 on bittrex: INSUFFICIENT_FUNDS”

OK this is a known Bittrex issue which I thought to be fixed now. Strangely I really don’t have this problem anymore. Anyway, I changed it back, which might lead too a small amount of BTC which won’t get placed (<0.001).

Please just redownload the current release: https://github.com/creon-nu/nu-pool/releases/tag/0.92

I just updated it. Thanks for reporting!

Working now after update. Tks.