Today is the 100th day of the Nu network. NuBits has reached second overall in worldwide trading volume for the day!

Is this the first time we passed Litecoin in volume?

Fallout from the BitBay allegations?

could be… but is their trading down across the board like that?

also it seems to me that if NBT has a 1MM trading volume and it’s trading against PPC, than PPC also has a $1MM trading volume. That should be taken up with coinmarketcap / whatever other data aggregates…

Being #2 or #3 in daily volume is a big freaking deal, however, before everyone goes trumpeting from the rooftops… i think this PPC volume needs to be checked out… is there something beign missed here?

1 Like

PPC/NBT is not included in CMC Peercoin page !

Any reason for that?

maybe this can shed some light

Thank you @mhps for pointing to that thread, I was catching up going through this topic devoted to NBT/PPC liquidity and got scared for a second.

I must be missing something, i don’t see what you’re referring to?

NBT liquidity was moved away from BTer as a precation measure. That could explain why BTer is getting less volume.

I think I know now. The bot follows BTC-E price so closely that CCEDK is the only exchange in the world that has both the liquidity of NBT and and the PPC price action of the deep liquidity that BTC-E has (extreme and sharp high and lows with volume). We know that BTC-E has the deepest PPC liquidity in the world. Now CCEDK gives speculator the same bennefit without having to have that much PPC in house. The hugh vlume on PPC/NBT on CCEDK shows that the speculators recognize it.

Wow, nubots can make deep liquidity makets on any exchange. Nubots don’t have to be deployed on BTC-E for its user to virtually trade on BTC-E! That is the benefit of combined liquidity Jordan has been talking about in his tiered reserve proposal.

Exchanges having nubots running on them really should give Nu a good rate.

2 Likes

can you elaborate on that?

Because the bot follows the bid/ask price with all liquidity deployed at the price “front”. You have to have a very deep market the spread to have that much liquidity at the front normally. For example on ccedk the bot may have these walls:

price vol
123 50 sell
121 50 buy

That is a total of 100BTC

On btc-e it typically would be

price vol
130 1010 sell
125 460 sell
123 90 sell
122 30 sell
121 20 buy
120 50 buy
118 500 buy
115 1060
110 20

which has 3220 BTC on the exchange.

The nubot follows ask/bid price movement of btc-e, backed by more liquidity at the “front”, using 100BTC at ccedk. Traders at ccedk experience the price action of btc-e, backed by a lot of liquidity where it matters.

Of course this is not without problems. When there are a lot of big traders, as soon as the bot experiences big price movement with a lot of volume on one-side (buy or sell), it could run out liquidity and have risk of loss. Nubots running this way effectively are trading with leveraged-liquidity.

Happy to see that today’s 24h volume on excoin is over 150k nbt

I see available supply ($2,245,634) smaller than 24h volume ($ 2,256,720)
what is wrong?

i was first :stuck_out_tongue:

NuBits Trade Volume ($ 2,256,720) exceeded the available supply/market cap ($ 2,254,392) !
Did it happen before ?

Nothing wrong ! there is only 500,000 NBT sold until now and the 24h Trade Volume didn’t declined under 600,000 USD for weeks!.
If you Sold your Bitcoins for 100NBT then you sold those 100NBT to buy some Peercoins, you have contributed with 200 USD to the daily trade volume.

You were wrong :smile:

Any way i thought it deserve to be tweeted , thats why i asked.

Right.

So you are essentially saying that there is an important trade volume on NBT/PPC at CCEDK without a lot of PPC stored at the exchange (placed into the order book) because traders are very happy trading at a high sell price (very close to the highest sell price of BTC-E).

But if we implement the book mirroring, that nice property will disappear; however we would be able to erase the risk of liquidity loss.

Well the liquidity is real but yes in terms of risk, it behaves as some sort of leverage.

The bot will have the best prices according to Jordan. Whether it will provide the same or even highter liquidity than the mirrored exchanges depends on policy and strategy, which would take performance and risk into account, I think,

Right. In his calculation NuBot got the best price overall because you are able to pick up the best price at each layer. Tks for reminding me.