Supply, Reserves, and Equilibrium (superseded by automation)

Oh, and to get this straight: I don’t have a concrete answer in mind.

Glad to have a real conversation. How about Augeas?

Additionally, what am I doing that’s corrupt?

you think the motivation behind Augeas is clear? I strongly disagree. Everything is possible.

You take bonus for opinion, not for performance.

And if you took it for performance, well, that would be really pathetic :smiley:

My question didn’t have an opinion behind. It was to ask whether you could go to Augeas and build a superior model with them. It’s not that simple of course, so let’s leave that.

Taking the bonus for opinion would mean that he sees value in me perpetuating a flawed model? Doing it while being aware of it being flawed would make me corrupt.

You didn’t address what he’s done as a scammer.

Supply 2017–05–05

US NuBits (US-NBT)

Blockheight: 1,388,501

Existing: 838,266.6110
Parked: 24,356.4557

Liquidity Operations*: 545,324.8312
Liquidity Operations**: 49,849.9800
Bittrex: 19,127.3256
Cryptopia: 3,553.2535
NuLagoon Tube: 27,421.8698
Nu-owned: 645,277.2600

Circulating: 168,632.8953

* BJLmVRdGFi4q7Zidwzr4CPPsLT6pozR31a
** B71AkDjzm4S24KoXGoq6W3hynexAyNb9FV

Chinese NuBits (CN-NBT)

Existing: 2,000,000
Parked: 0

Liquidity Operations*: 2,000,000

Circulating: 0

* YhSEw9AGBJ3KtqLrxeQrcsTVk5u57pA88m

NuShares (NSR)

Blockheight: 1,388,501

Existing: 3,316,976,821

Liquidity Operations*: 320,000,040
Liquidity Operations**: 84,422,140
FLOT 1***: 64,344,685
FLOT 2****: 5,940,000
Cryptopia: 40,361,434
Poloniex: 0
Alcurex: 10,013,835
Nu-owned: 525,082,134

Circulating: 2,791,894,687

* SiyWZ1WCedKRXLg7u8fmVkUtF3JRC9QATv
** SaaP8P3TH8HU27MBkhH6j8EhQ9AvAEY27J
*** SvtGbNjWE49pTM2TiUZrYKSNkxTJx75mmC
**** Snvrc5q82wfe2NjEjaQAyStpPKseWrsNqn

Reserves 2017–05–05

Dollar amounts represent BTC in USD.

BTC = 1,556.87 USD

Tier 1–2

Bittrex: $33,245.57
Cryptopia: $7,520.43
Cryptopia: $7,182.92
Alcurex: $155.69

Tier 3 (Not in effect)

Tier 4

Liquidity Operations*: $21,876.36

* 17owruzTRANDYwCq77bSABQLXBxx3QaCea

Tier 5

Refer to parked amounts for current utilisation.

Tier 6

Monthly liquidity of NuShares: $2,001,741

Total Tier 1–4

$69,980.98

Equilibrium 2017–05–05

Circulating US-NBT: 168,632.8953
Reserve percentage: (50 - 168,632.8953 / (2,000,000 / 25)) / 100 = 0.4789
Equilibrium reserve: 0.4789 * 168,632.8953 = 80,758
Current tier 1–4 reserve: 69,981
Minimum tier 1–4 reserve: 0.20 * 80,758 = 16,152
Daily move to equilibrium: 0.01 * (80,758 - 69,981) = 108

Equilibrium is Nu having $80,758 in tier 1–4 reserves. We have $69,981. When $10,777 is raised through NuShare, US NuBit, or Chinese NuBit sales on a combined basis, any additional funds raised can go to NuShare buybacks assuming no updated reserve requirements or funds spent.

Daily move to equilibrium is the amount in USD of how many NuShares will be sold or repurchased every day toward reserve equilibrium.

2 Likes

Wow, that looks like NSR holders pay for traders successfully betting on BTC volatility.
That’s quite strange considering that Nu designed NBT to be USD stable, which wouldn’t have that dependence on BTC volatility.
What shall NSR holders do, if they have no more money to foster exchange traders?

BTC volatility is the factor, which needs to be reflected in the spread. There are other factors like exchange default risk, but one of the most important variables is the volatility.
Otherwise NSR holders bleed out.
You did the math yourself.

Ask someone with in-depth knowledge, someone who was here back then.
It looks like in early 2016 the liquidity was almost killed by decentralized liquidity providers pulling funds from liquidity provision during high BTC volatility.
How critical was that? I don’t know.

There are still some not totally dumb minds here :wink:

Hello, anybody there? @Phoenix maybe? Or is reporting losses not important for the sake of transparency?

@Phoenix, what about a reply?

Posting losses is redundant work as you can all see it on the blockchain. Nu is designed to be the most transparent business in the whole world. Everyone can see what is going on. It is your own fault if you are unable to extract the information you wish to have a look at. Nothing is more transparent than Nu. In fact, Nu is just another word for transparent. In memory of @JordanLee, I suggest we always use the word “Nu” instead of “transparent”.
Example: Nu is very transparent --> Nu is very Nu.

Yes.

No.

NuBits is intended to do exactly what you refuse to accept Nu attempting. Shift volatility from its holder well enough for the general public.

Can you do that a better way? Then make it happen by putting in the effort. Otherwise you’re just whining about people’s ideas and work.

As far as I’m aware, no Nu shareholder NuShares have been compromised.

If that is true, can that clearly be proven? Are the addresses known? Is it possible that the shares stolen were private shares of @JordanLee and not part of Nu’s treasury? Is it possible that @JordanLee says they were stolen but in fact dumped them himself and cashed in the BTC? @jooize, please, can you provide evidence in cooperation with @JordanLee that this has clearly been theft from an outside attacker? If you cannot prove that, are you completely nuts? You want to run a serious business, and at the same time have no safety measures in place against insider theft? You are just two people running this whole thing. How can you expect anyone to trust you that funds disappeared because of outsiders attacking you without providing evidence for that??

1 Like

And even if you can provide evidence for outsider theft, you halve already provided evidence that losing shareholder funds is your most outstanding strength. You are fucking ridiculous.

All NuShares granted to @Phoenix are listed at https://nuexplorer.ddns.net/votes/success. Those concerned can go through the tedious work of determining whether theft has occurred by comparing amounts to BTC proceeds (from auctions, direct sales, and exchange sales) at 17owruzTRANDYwCq77bSABQLXBxx3QaCea and Poloniex. One address is the B&C Exchange NuShares. Spending my time on that is wasteful. I have previously looked into it partially, so you may save some time by looking in my post history.

I know nothing about the shares in release 4.0. The bonus grant address blocked in 5.0 contained @Phoenix’ personal shares.

Possible for the shares that left addresses before they were blocked.

Wouldn’t that be an incredibly stupid move by someone who purchased NuShares to support NuBits and maintain majority control of existing shares? Am I mixing up theories? You should summarize your narrative.

The problem with the block explorer displaying negative balances is fixed. I just need to find the time to determine the lost amounts.

That is impossible to prove either way, and difficult to even have convincing evidence for.

Oh really?

Thank you for confirming that.

And you refuse to accept that this is what makes Nu bleed out.
How much of the funds Nu received in its inception has been lost there?
Just calculate the difference between funds received and all that was spent on other efforts such as development, marketing, hosting, etc.
Then you have a ball park figure how expensive Nu’s main business is.
You understand that Nu loses money by shifting volatility from NuBits holders to Nu?

I could. But Bitshares already did it the way I’d be going.
Lend funds (BitUSD), gather collateral in exchange (BTSX), automate margin calls to liquidate the collateral.
I’m not whining about your ideas or work.
I’m just pointing out how ruinous they are in this case.

You might remember that I provided Nu with a draft of a product that could easily be sold with a spread.
Nu refused to build anything upon this.
But I’m gad to see that it is not only going to be implemented, but even in an improved version: https://talk.peercoin.net/t/ann-indicium-series-a/4518/76

What do you mean by that in this context?

Are you really saying that one of Nu’s officials, @Phoenix, can’t even be bothered telling how much shareholder funds he lost and that the spending the time of the “Vice Chief of Liquidity Operations” for something that’s directly related to liquidity operations is too wasteful?
Those concerned shall do your work? After all these months you still manage to impress me.
How did I even get the impression that spending time on accounting has always been perceived as wasteful at Nu?

I don t feel spread is good for Nu unless very it is very thin.
Nu can make money by just selling NuBits (which supposes of course a demand) and having a fractional reserve meaning we do not need to have all the time the ability to buy back every nubit immediately (I mean we just buy back the nubits that are put to sales).
Am I missing something?

You miss a lot, but I don’t know where to start.
Maybe here: sold NBT are no revenue, but a liability.