Protocol Level Burning of NBT in Exchange for NSR at Dynamic Rate Similar to Park Rates / Voting

I d definitively favor such a mechanism, too.

You could also use the pledge for this if no one sets up the burn method, aka trade Nubit for NSR.

OK! Will do!

I had some sort of similar idea a while back, but was not articulate enough about it.

The TL;DR-- what if you combined in-chain transactions NBT-for-NSR, combined with time-locking.

i.e.: if market is 1000 NSR per NBT, and in-chain we offered it as 1200 NSR per NBT but time-locked them for say 3-6 months.

If this is done in-chain, we can enforce the locking. This can’t be done on other exchanges (though I presume this could be brought in to B&C – perhaps as a “value-add” service to other cryptos)

A few things
1- the risk is offloaded to whomever wants to speculate on Nu over a period of time … i.e.: the premium of in-chain NSR-for-NBT should be related to the time risk
2- it is a “buy” of NSR instead of a “sell” meaning at the time we need to offer NSR, we are not adding downward pressure
3- they are “locked up”, meaning they won’t all hit the market at the same time, and especially at the time of duress

2 Likes

I like it. I think it makes a ton of sense. Different swap rates for different time periods similar to parking as well.

Gives us a very good tool with some actual incentive and forces accountability. If the shareholders don’t want to get diluted to all hell they better keep shit in check.

2 Likes