[Passed] Temporarily cap NBT supply with full reserve

A 10 cent peg will destroy Nubits. Its literally like pouring gas on your burning house saying “well I can build it again” instead of salvaging the frame work.

Since the NuBit price is presently around 50 cents, why not re-set the peg at 50 cents?

“Why choose a low peg? We aren’t playing the market to our advantage by cutting the value short. Why don’t we wait and see where nbt stabilizes and work to support it there instead of cut its value by more than half to rush a pegged position immediately.” <-- Exactly, this was my point earlier.

1 Like

@PoP who are you?

All I can tell is that Pop disagrees with Phoenix. This identity sleuthing had better not get more interesting than actually saving Nu. :stuck_out_tongue:

@pop and @Phoenix

You both joined hours ago and both act like alter egos of @JordanLee. Welcome to Nu.

@ChrisS and @Chronos Im new here. Here is my OP w/ savior proposition :wink: : Burning Nubits via gambling, apps, and more

I enjoy saving projects. A contrarian investor if you will .

1 Like

Can you elaborate your thoughts on this please?

1 Like

If I remember correctly the stake modifier in PPC was planned to be changed to the one in blackcoin, but that’s about it. But also DPOS didn’t prove as particularly elegant so far. On the paper Casper looks best to me, or in general the idea of uncles such that you have to bet on forks. But this has yet to be proven to work that well in reality.

But considering the consensus algorithm to work sufficiently well, I don’t see any problem with the peershare template itself, so I would also be curious what you mean by that. Maybe it is not useful, but using the coinbase in blocks of PoS coin as voting mechanism is in my opinion correctly implemented by the template.

and next will be $0.01?

My favorite kind. Good to meet you.

Second

I am heavily editing the OP as the plan gets more details.

I have added a motion to cap the NuBit supply temporarily here.

Why not add a provision to spread the peg by 1-5% until Nu can find another revenue stream?

That might actually get people behind this motion, because it might actually save Nu.

The money is made by the LPs unless it’s teh gateways who does the liquidity provision, which has exchange default risk.

Yeah - Nu won’t make $0.1 on this unless it uses the gateways.
And I don’t think there will be much support from LPs to sign up to putting BTC on the market for this without compensation.

I just added an additional draft motion to the OP, for a total of three. It is 100% Reserve Required for NuBits.

It looks like the system has a limit on the number of posts for new accounts, and I have reached it. I won’t be allowed to post for 4 hours. I have finalized a total of three motions in the OP, however. Voting has just begun on two of the these. Please review the OP, as it has changed.

Can someone please put all three active motions in the Nu voting hot list?

1 Like

It’s been implemented in PPC and the new protocol has been running since late April.

1 Like

If Peercoin was going to be adopted by the masses, it would have higher valuation and can afford to hire more developers so would be able to transform faster. then everything you said will lose its base. I guess i am saying that the world is not linear. What pans out is hard to predict but we KNOW that so far PPC has hung on for many years and its USD price has refused to dive.

2 Likes

I like the OP in that it offers a continuous adjustable lever to bring back the peg.

I like continuously, gradually adjustable controls which you can adjust while observing the results. These can be the spread, the availability of the peg (in volume or time), now the pegged price.

But the $0.1 is radical and 1) we don’t have the reserve for it even we keep selling nsr for a month at current going 2) why 0.1 not 0.01 or 0.5? we have full reserve in T4 for $0.023 and current market price is 0.5ish, where it is easy to start gentlly pushing up.

Of course we must face the reality of financing Nu. A credible financing plan could bring back $1 peg in a flash by the speculator/investors. How do we finance Nu operations? That is the key question.

2 Likes

I am not saying we must find a credible way finance Nu before we can do anything else. For example once we have
A Gateway with a build-in USD reserve we CAN have a peg via nbt/btc with very small exposure to btc price and exchange risk. But it needs development. We can start building it while we figure out financial issues. I am particularly interested in hearing @creon’s thoughts of the gateway-wit-reserve idea and how much it would cost to implement.

1 Like