[Passed] NuPool 7

Sorry for the delay. Voting.

Passed. Thank you all for voting!

1 Like

A payout for Polo is missing 3 hours ago!

Thanks for the warning. Checking now.

Yup, I can see the failed payout. It’s complaining of insufficient funds. I must have messed up my transfer of funds from the custodial address to the liquidity address. I’m waiting for nud load locally then I’ll sort out the issue and send the payout manually. Apologies for the delay.

Payment sent. Apologies for that, Avatar mode (or lack of it) strikes again.

Thanks as always for letting us know.

@woolly_sammoth Down?

To add to @willy s post above: it looks like an instance of the “list index out of bounds” bug that plagued liquidbits a while ago.
It seems that the bug doesn’t cause the server to crash fully, just to stop collecting liquidity. As far as supervisor knew, the server was still running so no action was taken.
I’m loathe to spend too much time bug fixing (I think time is better spent getting v2 up and running at the moment.) what I will do though is alter the code so that caught errors like this stop the server dead so that supervisor can take over and restart it.

1 Like

Just to ask about server tolerance and SAF. Perhaps it is in NU’s interest to lower
these bounds? or not?

While this improves the quality of Nu’s products to lower the SAF for orders, which get compensated, it increases the compensation that is required for liquidity provision.
The current settings are a compromise between those two aspects.

1 Like

@woolly_sammoth,
sorry if this has been asked before. What is your opinion about using ‘fixed cost’ payments in Poloniex?

I’m all behind the idea of using fixed cost for NuPool. I’m currently developing an updated pool server that interfaces with NuBot as it’s client. It uses a fixed cost model with a few tweaks to reduce the reward if the target isn;t met.
It takes advantage of NuBots parametric order book and also allows for unbalanced sides or ranks meaning we should be able to target liquidity where it’s needed.

We are close to having it up and working (test servers are already up here and here, we just need to do some more testing)
You can follow the development on gitter and thorough github

4 Likes

server is down?

yep… that crashed again.

@woolly_sammoth will need to do a manual payout.

@woolly_sammoth
i see this during your manual payout

Is something wrong? I got 3 times the payout i should get!
If others have seen the same please confirm (lets be honest here)

1 Like

Yup some confusion with the instructions I gave for the manual payout. Resulted in three payouts. @willy and I will cover the extra expenditure. Consider it a belated Christmas present for being a loyal LP. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well thanks but no need for that.
Please give me an address to refund the extra payments. :wink:

BNUPooLfaBVhQz5CmFF1XFqkQ6dfoiFwvp

Done!

2 Likes
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 723, in format
return fmt.format(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 464, in format
record.message = record.getMessage()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 328, in getMessage
msg = msg % self.args
TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not unicode

what is the latest version of client we can use?

Feel free to use my client, it should work on nupool