[Passed] NuPond Term 8

I like the focus on the CNY pair, which is one of the pairs, for which ALP are truly useful even if a paradigm change would happen and the BTC pairs would thereafter only be supported with single side (NBT sale) gateways.

Thereā€™s no reason we canā€™t keep these pools running with peanuts as long as the operator costs are bearable. We can build passive liquidity and gateways on top of it. Anyway, I think we need an intermediary term here and Iā€™d like to see how this pans out. Theoretically, a lower fixed cost total grant should reward similarly to a bigger fixed reward grant. But anyway, yes, CNY pool should be kept up because Nu canā€™t do anything with CNY on Bter except things like NuSafe or ALPs (or buy BTC with it).

1 Like

no payment for 3 Feb?

Will someone please explain to me what happened here?

My nupond Txn is in that missing series of blocks, one of them happened in block 730,975 with hash b536966edb185cbf3ad45a8403a935148d7a0b0625e700879569ab213fa993dd. The Txn ID was df3caf518b471705603ddb4c55f60039cd28dd26c759253c1ff047c503ffb3a2.

I had a payment for 3 of Feb. It should be above 1 NBT in order to be payed.

Sorry for the delay. I understand the reason for the reduction.
c74bac0f778783ecc95644bfc70b845f5c2f9325 verified.
voting
By the way, how have your FC ALPs perform so far?

They were doing alright up until most of my LPs pulled support. Basically, it shows me that no matter how much money we offer you just canā€™t get some people to risk their money on an exchange like Bter. Fixed cost seems to do quite well at keeping the sides balanced, but cannot force magnitude of liquidity like Iā€™d hoped. CRFC should help to fix that, or at the very least reduce costs in that case.

1 Like

Yes, when bter throws a curve ball like 1% feesā€¦I pulled a lot of support. But as @Nagalim said, the fixed cost did encourage me to balance.

1 Like

Server is down?

BTC pool

Im not seeing anything down. Im reporting 3k buy and 1.5k sell on btc and 25 buy 1800 sell on cny. Both just reported this minute and logs show everything is fine. Are yā€™all still having issues?

not anymore

It is OK after restart the client

Server down again. It could be random temporary issues.

ā€˜Too many files openā€™. Why do I get that and other pools donā€™t? Anyway, restart BTC pool, manual payout.

How many bots do you have running? I havenā€™t seen that error at all. I have between 8 and 12 bots running on my pool. Never seen it beyond 15 though. Running on a dedicated instance though.

2 instances, about 5-10 per instance. Usually closer to the 5 side.

Than I suppose there is good chance that the two instances somehow create the problem you are seeing. Canā€™t think of any other reason.
Maybe increase the settings for the number of open files at OS level?

It tends to occur after the server runs for a continuous 15 days or so. Itā€™s possible itā€™s that there are 2 instances instead of one. Iā€™m just not sure what all these files being opened are, it seems like if I have problems after 15 days, you should have problems after 30 right? Anyway, Iā€™ll take a look into the OS settings, good idea.

I have seen many issues by now including human error (not clearing logs) but not the ā€˜too many open filesā€™. Maybe my OS settings are by default higher? I have never changed them though. Iā€™m running on Ubuntu 14.04 pretty much default.