[Passed] Motion to provide seed funding for B&C Exchange - a decentralized exchange built on the Peershares platform

It’s quite possible there are similar logos out there. There are only so many ways to arrange shapes. We did quite a bit of research into ensuring that there were no identical logos though and couldn’t find any. If you do find one, I’d be interested in seeing it. I’m confident the color and font combination we chose is unique.

• A “block” created by the negative space in the middle, surrounded by two different colored “chains”.
    The block is self-evident, but that is not the case of the chains
  • A decentralized network that is connected by different colored peers
    around the outside, with no centralized control in the center of the
    logo

I do feel and get the decentralized aspect -

I share @cryptog point of view - we have a hologram, that depending on your eyes perspective, makes you see a cube developing upon the top-right line, or the bottom-left line.

1 Like

Those images (or similar designs) would be unlikely to display very well at small sizes or resolutions, like the images found on important sites like coinmarketcap.com. We purposely chose a very simple design for that reason. The team will be moving forward with developing a website and supplementary advertising with our newly-created logos.

1 Like

The current B&C design is perfect IMO. I would even say it looks slightly more professional than the NuBits logo.

1 Like

The initial B&C Exchange client has been released. Check out the details and download links here.

2 Likes

Could we get more details on NuShare BKS importing? I’m selecting import, putting in the password and nothing happens.

Same thing here. It says check the debug window, but the debug window doesn’t say anything special.

If the debug window doesn’t say anything it probably means the wallet was successfully imported. You should have somes addresses in the “Receive” tab with the label “Converted NuShares”. If you don’t and the imported wallet is not empty then it’s a bug. You may have more information in debug.log.

The debug file is quite long (over 500 pages) and getting longer by the second. I assume my wallet is in the process of importing? Maybe there should be a message somewhere that tells the user that?

Successfully imported my bks as a first test under the following conditions:.

• corresponding to 40 nsr
  • no password set yet in my bsexchange client for either block or credit.
  • nu client running. (don t know if it is mandatory)

Alright! I got it working, it was the encryption. Used walletpassphrase in the B&C exchange debug window.

I think it mints in 1 bks outputs.

I’m voting for 0.001 fee for BKS and 0.01 fee for BKC.

My B&C client is not encrypted.

It says this in my debug:

importnusharewallet [walletpassword] [rescan=true]
Import NuShares "walletname"
Password is only required if wallet is encrypted
(code -1)

Edit: I’ve since tried encrypting it, unlocking both clients with walletpassphrase command, and it’s still not doing anything other than the message I put above.

It looks like the import feature doesn’t support paths that contain spaces. We will fix that. In the meantime you can copy the wallet to import into a path that doesn’t contain any space an import it from there.

Are you talking about the location of the NSR wallet file?

Yes

I copied the wallet into a few different folders, paths without spaces as far as I can tell. It doesn’t seem to be working.

Do you get the same “error” in the console? Do you have any address labeled “Converted NuShares” in the “Receive” tab?

No addresses named Converted NuShares. I still get the same error. Should I move the original wallet to a different location?

No, the path of the BKS wallet should not matter.

If the NSR wallet is encrypted and the password contains spaces or special characters it may cause the same problem. In that case surround your password with double quotes (").

1 Like

You may want to try the following:

1). Uninstall BCExchange
2). Delete any leftover files under your User’s AppData\Roaming\BCExchange (be careful!)
3). Copy NuShares wallet (.dat) to something like C:
4). Resintall BCExchange (afterwards don’t encrypt wallet)
5). Import NuShares wallet from C:\

This worked for me!

EDIT: Changed wording about deleting files.

1 Like