[Passed] Motion to provide seed funding for B&C Exchange - a decentralized exchange built on the Peershares platform

Each 10,000 NSR translate to 1 BKS at snapshot time.
If you can buy 1 BKS for 4.08 USD (at the moment), the price for 10,000 NSR needs to be 4.08 USD to have the same amount of BKS for the money.
At a price of 4.08 USD / 10,000 NSR the price per NSR is 0.000408 USD - under this price level it’s cheaper to buy NSR than buying BKS directly.

I don’t see that price point being reached before friday this week (if ever…) - buy I’m no fortune teller :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the calculation.

Supposing that 100kBKS are reserved and will be sold for the nushareholders, holding 1bNSR?

What if that’s not the case?

Approximately 80,000 BKS won’t be sold exclusively to NSR holders - instead holding NSR at snapshot time (3rd July 2015) will automatically distribute BKS to the holders in proportion to the NSR they hold.
Have a look here in the section “New Structure of BlockShares Sales”

1 Like

You missed a zero. 0.000408 USD/NSR. It is by far more efficient to buy the BKS directly, but if you look at it as a kicker for buying NSR, it’s really a great deal.

1 Like

What’s a good deal/means to buy NSR at the moment?

Put buy orders up on bter at .00001 btc/nsr. If you’re in a hurry, buy at .000011 btc/nsr on polo.

—> In how much time does it get filled up? what volume do you get?

—> In how much time does it get filled up? what volume do you get?

These things are not a science, it is more of an art form. I have been buying at .00001 and selling at .000011 for a while now, but every time it’s unique. Just yesterday someone dumped 1 BTC at .000009 on Bter. The daily NSR volume globally is usually just a few BTC, which translates to a few 100,000 NSR or so.

You can buy 0.45 BTC of NSR below .000011 on polo right now. If you’re looking for higher volumes for cheaper, you’re going to have to get lucky. I’ve just found that the chance of getting lucky is vastly higher on Bter than on Polo, but the response time of Polo is better. We’re talking days here to get lucky on Bter, so if you’re trying to get your NSR before friday, well guess what: so is everyone else.

1 Like

is there any something special about this Friday?

Fork day, isn’t it?

u mean the block size change of bitcoin?

No, I mean BKS fork day for nsr.

ok. why would that matter for nsr price?
people would get over enthusiastic and buy a lot of nsr, you think?

Why wouldn’t it matter? I personally bought a bit of NSR yesterday specifically for the fork. Buy before, take the BKS, sell after. Just hope you can sell for the same price you buy at.

Think of it this way: BKS is worth $4. 10,000 NSR is worth something like $28. If NSR price does not fluctuate across the fork, then an NSR holder with 10,000 NSR has $28 before the fork and $32 after the fork. This will cause buy pressure before the fork and sell pressure after the fork to close that $4 difference.

4 Likes

You are absolutely right about the price and the missing zero! I fixed that.

You might want to change your sentence directly after also. It’s cheaper to buy BKS directly rather than NSR.

I don’t understand where I stated that buying NSR (to get BKS) would be cheaper than buying BKS directly.
I said

Should I have written “below” instead of “under”?

As the current price is far above 0.000408 USD/NSR it’s obviously cheaper to buy BKS.
Depending on the exchange you look and the amount of NSR you want to buy, you have a price level that is several times above 0.000408 USD/NSR.

Nevermind MoD, I read it wrong.

Is that tomorrow that we get to download the client ?

B&C posted this on bitcointalk

The end of July 3 UTC is the date of record for obtaining BlockShares. The production network will be up and running shortly after, using that date and time to create the distribution. However, BKS will not be delivered until July 19 at the latest. We need to first create a B&C client that will allow shareholders to receive their BlockShares.

2 Likes