[Passed] Motion to provide seed funding for B&C Exchange - a decentralized exchange built on the Peershares platform

Yeah, let’s wait until after next Friday then. That date is also perfect, since I get paid then and can buy my last lot in time.

1 Like

We are happy to announce the launch of BCExchange.org!

It will serve as a portal for the B&C Exchange project. On the website you can find our latest client downloads, our source code, the latest tweets, and a list of cryptocurrencies and cryptoequities we hope to support.

Please considering sharing this website as often as possible in the other online communities you frequent. B&C Exchange will be a decentralized exchange for anyone in the world to trade their cryptoequities and cryptocurrencies.

i notice you have the RC1 link under windows on bcexchange.org but the RC2 is available https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads/bcexchange-3.0.0-RC2-win-gitian.zip

3 Likes

Good catch. The delay in getting our website up after it was completed (due to hosting issues) led to that. RC2 is now available on bcexchange.org.

What is the difference between RC1 and RC2?
I did not know that RC2 was released.
Where is the official announcement?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg11889471#msg11889471 message #452

1 Like

Fundraising has now reached $255,283 US. As a result, all shares at $4.08 have now been sold. The current price of a BlockShare is $4.16. We have now sold 43,553.3325 BKS to second-round purchasers and the total distributed BKS across all groups is 168,483.8849 BKS. The main announcement on Bitcointalk has been updated with this new information.

As a reminder, these are the three important dates coming up that we will adhere to, as specified by motion f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352.

August 21, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - We will stop accepting offers to purchase BlockShares. For purposes of accounting, this time will be defined as the time a message is received by B&C Exchange, not when the message was sent. If you are planning on making a final purchase, please don’t leave it until the last minute, as we will not extend this deadline for any reason. This date is five days after the motion passed.

August 23, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - Any BlockShares that have not been requested for purchase by August 21, 2015 will be burned. We will post details of the burn transaction publicly so that all shareholders can verify it was completed. This date is seven days after the motion passed.

August 30, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - Any BlockShares remaining that have not been paid for - including those that were requested for purchase but not paid for - will be burned. At this point, all undistributed BlockShares will have been destroyed as per the motion. This date is fourteen days after the motion passed.

Link to Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg12168753#msg12168753

3 Likes

That’s a big jump in fundraising. I wonder if it was caused by @masterOfDisaster’s post on r/cryptocurrency, or if that many people were following along to know about the end of sale.

The logical explanation is that the end of the sale caused the spike in sold BKS - one of the hypothetical benefits of limiting the sale: to get the money (of “hesitant” people) earlier than without a limited sale (and not for the same price later at a lower investment risk). After all this is a venture capital thing and might go horribly wrong. Now people share the risk in a fairer way.
The other possible benefit would have been to sell the BKS later for higher prices.
Looks like it went like intended :wink:

1 Like

The announcement thread on bitcointalk is on place 20 sorted by views and has passed the Ripple announcement thread:

http://imgur.com/kBRyffA

5 Likes

Question, will NuShareholders charge B&C Exchange a monthly fee, or are we just going to provide all that liquidity for free without compensation? I think we should seriously think about charging for our liquidity service.

On second thought that might not be a good idea, since they provided us with equity to do this for free. Maybe it would be possible with other exchanges though. Right now it’s impossible because Nu is dependent on exchanges to survive, but if we ever become the intermediary currency of crypto trading as Jordan wants and exchanges become dependent on us for liquidity, then we could flip the script and charge a monthly fee for our service.

It’s a win-win situation for both Nu and BCE:
BCE will benefit from the USD equivalent liquidity provided by Nu and Nu will benefit from providing liquidity on an exchange with significantly less risk compared to centralized exchanges.

Whenever BCE finds something significantly better than Nu’s NBT, BCE might consider adopting that and vice versa.
Considering the (current) ownership structure of BCE and Nu it might take some time until that is seriously being considered even if it were technically possible.

1 Like

What do you think about the idea in my second post though. If Nu starts to transition into this intermediary currency role in the future, exchanges would be hooked on our liquidity like crack. At this point they will be addicted and if we ever stopped providing liquidity to a particular exchange, they would suffer from withdrawal.

So once we have them hooked, then we change policy and start charging for the liquidity we provide. If they feel they can provide their own liquidty for cheaper themselves using their own pools then that’s great too. Either Nu gets paid a monthly fee by many different exchanges for providing its liquidity service, or the exchange creates its own liquidity pool to save on costs, meaning we don’t have to pay for it anyway. Either way it would be win/win for Nu. It just depends on if we can ever make it to the point where exchanges are dependent on our liquidity.

In the future with that much liquidity on exchanges in general and NBT having an intermediary currency role, arbitrage would likely even this out.

I’m not seeing this happen, because even in that situation Nu would be interested in doing business using the exchanges (to provide a gateway to the fiat market) and increasing the liquidity to enhance the utility of NBT.
I don’t see Nu providing liquidity in anything else than NBT/USD in this future, though.

Dude, I finally just got done installing the client a couple hours ago. An update already? lol.

didn’t know there was a time schedule for newly released version 8 hour or 1 one month does it really matter if its available I tested before posting in any case post as been removed…

Fundraising has now reached $297,433 US.

The current price of a BlockShare is $4.16.

As a reminder, these are the three important dates coming up that we will adhere to, as specified by motion f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352.

August 21, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - We will stop accepting offers to purchase BlockShares. For purposes of accounting, this time will be defined as the time a message is received by B&C Exchange, not when the message was sent. If you are planning on making a final purchase, please don’t leave it until the last minute, as we will not extend this deadline for any reason. This date is five days after the motion passed.

August 23, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - Any BlockShares that have not been requested for purchase by August 21, 2015 will be burned. We will post details of the burn transaction publicly so that all shareholders can verify it was completed. This date is seven days after the motion passed.

August 30, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - Any BlockShares remaining that have not been paid for - including those that were requested for purchase but not paid for - will be burned. At this point, all undistributed BlockShares will have been destroyed as per the motion. This date is fourteen days after the motion passed.

Link to Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg12189983#msg12189983

2 Likes

wo.

Holy crap. That’s almost $100,000 in 2 days.

It wouldn’t very likely have happened like this if the BKS holders hadn’t voted for tearing down the sell wall.
It has been the rational choice to hold off the purchase of BKS until a later point of time - this point of time has been preponed to 2015-08-21, 23:59 UTC :slight_smile: