[Passed] LiquidBits term 7 grant (updated) - Automatic Liquidity Pool (ALP)

You could prepare seperate grants about the fiat pairs and the BTC pair.
The BTC pair can be “replaced” by the single side gateway proposals although i wish they can co-exist.

The BTC part is such a small part of the grant, that I don’t believe is that is the cause of people not voting for it.
I’m considering another grant during the weekend, but it dissappoints me that even 650 NBT for 2 months is no longer worth maintaining this, will change tact with my own voting as ALPs are apparently no longer really valued and NuBots with Shareholder funds are taking over. Will be interesting to see the proposals for the other ALPs, I think NuPool is long overdue and running on Shareholders’ funds for an unauthorised time.

How was the monthly interest of the previous run?
I am basically interested in knowing if that ALP makes money or not for itself and its participants.

1 Like

ALP
The ALP doesn’t make money. It provides a liquidity service to traders and other users on specific exchange pairs.
I believe that it is important to provide fiat gateways so users can easily get in and out of NuBits without exchanges to BTC. That is what LiquidBits was about. Many coins would pay lot to obtain fiat gateways and we are about to neglect them. Sorry if I sound disappointed but I am, I believe there are a few other areas which needs some cost cutting but I won’t take the initiative this time.

Participants / LPs
The participants make money from the daily rewards paid from those 650 NBT for 60 days. Beside that there is a small spread so participants could make some money out of that, but given the typically low volumes on the fiat pairs that wouldn’t be much.

1 Like

What if they don’t trust ccedk (or cant logistically speaking) to obtain their USD or EUR into their legacy bank account?
Providing NBT/fiat pairs is important (to avoid crypto fluctuations for the peg), but perhaps the time is ripe to discuss if ccedk is the right one?

I have added it to my voting data feed - will it stall to 34%?

1 Like

We are at 50% for that grant now.

3 Likes

Meanwhile the nbt/btc pair is broken for days now. I have sent a pm to Ronny and he replied that they will take care. Lets see :slight_smile:

Might be me, I have an order stuck and I’m already working with their helpdesk for more than 5 days to no avail.
Hope Ronny’s intervention gets things moving again.

That is encouraging, hope it sticks as the difficulty is still rapidly declining.

nbt/usd seems to be broken for 6 hours

I sincerely hope that this is not the reason for the trouble this grant has to pass.

While I firmly believe in the need for a paradigm change, discontinuing ALP first and after that trying to do what I consider a prerequisite:

• advertizing the change of liquidity provision
  • running sell side only on minor exchanges
  • dual side NuBots on major exchanges
  • getting experience with all of that, embedding it into the liquidity provision scheme

is the wrong order.

Liquidbits needs to be supported!

Plus it can be doubted that completely discontinuing ALP support for exchanges like bter (even in the light of shady changes of the terms of use) and ccedk is wise.
The first one connects to chinese people and the latter one has multiple NBT fiat pairs.
Especially the fiat pairs at those exchanges don’t work well with single side NuBots and need ALP!

2 Likes

Server is down :slight_smile:

Working on it. It is only server.py which stopped being responsive. It doesn’t kill the task and appears to be very random.
Same error as last time, which seems to be back since being away since October:

2016/02/18-11:36:46 ERROR: exception caught in main loop: list index out of range : list index out of range

Can’t figure what changed other than the bots running at Poloniex. That on itself can’t be the problem, it must be a combination of factors. ;puzzled

100 US-NBT Bounty for:

The person who can provide code to fix the problem leading to the ‘List index out of range’ issue as described above.

See details here: 100 US-NBT Bounty to fix issue beyond error message ALP pool software

1 Like

This proposal passed, will update the server with the new parameters soon.

Thanks for your confidence, hope the rates are an example for other future ALP/MLP proposals on exchanges which are supposedly lower risk and solvent.

1 Like

Stopping and starting the server in the next 10 minutes or so to load the new parameters.
I’ve also updated the address the payouts are being transferred from to: B954pkUEdkeT1G5Lq14Cisij5no3RVxHYe.

The new parameters are here: https://daology.org/proposals/f6349c0339f210f4a26a91acc10b085a03640a9b

Edit: server back up, manual payout underway. Daily payouts will take place around 7:40am (UTC) from now on.

1 Like

Something is wrong with the server. Ups and downs periodically.

1 Like

De LiquidBits server is fine, CCEDK’s not. HTTP 500 points to a problem on their site. @ronny
Will log a call, although this should be obvious by now.

Edit: It looks like the problem is solved already. That is fast, thanks. Ronny?

2 Likes

We have to be careful indeed about which side and which market we are setting the walls, because our product is the PEG and this is about perfect reliability

Is it though? Do we have to be perfect or just pretty good? Our competitors aren’t even pretty good.

2 Likes