[Passed] LiquidBits term 7 (addendum)

Legally would be difficult and depends on the jurisdiction, but friendly exchange owner might be willing to cooperate and contact this person with this “case”.

doesn’t have to be a friendly one. this user is below ethical average and is a potential liability who should be avoided to a prudent exchange owner.

Ethical average is not what matters.
I am no lawyer, but I doubt that an exchange will reveal the identity of a user who deposited funds (or take any action against him/her), of which someone says, he/she doesn’t legally own.
You (but who is “you”?) had to prove that this user is in control of those funds without rightfully owning them.
That can be hard.
Why after all did Nu grant the NBT if not on purpose?
Oh, by mistake? You make someone a gift and want it back?
It’s a slippery slope that reminds me if thoughts about “coloring” BTC that were involved in criminal activities.
Tokens need to remain neutral.

Who will voice that accusation?
Nu is not existing in any legal space. That’s how it was designed to be (hopefully!) immune against governmental attacks.
Nu could hire a lawyer, but based on what law would a law suit be started?
I fear this money is gone.

We might have learned the hard way what we’ve been proud of before:
existing NBT are beyond control of single entities and can be transferred without limits.
That is even true for the entity Nu itself.
Nu can create NBT, but not destroy random NBT at will.
It’s good that it’s like it is.

1 Like

Sad but true. unfortunatelly these kind of mistakes are very easy to occur even if we are extra careful.
I have done it in the past (with a small amount, thank god)

That might be me as a person depending on the jurisdiction. Most exchange owners have me registered anyway :slight_smile:

Therefore this is still standing and I might work with a friendly exchange owner/operator to retrieve the funds or at least tag one of their customers as a non-ethical user for what it is worth.[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:63, topic:3578”]
existing NBT are beyond control of single entities and can be transferred without limits.
[/quote]
Not on centralised exchanges. That’s where KYC comes into play.

You’re right.
Gladly trading on shapeshift.io is down at the moment :slight_smile:

I wonder though how a “proxy” service like shapeshift can go around the KYC rules!

it was not my point. recalling that exco.in collaps because one of the user exploited a bug of the exchange and took a large fund away from the exchange wallet. It is to the exchange’s selfish interest not to deal with users who feel comfortable taking advantage of mistakes of a service business (it;s one matter to exploit mistakes of a trading counterparty, it’s another to steal silverware from a restaurant – it is just low.) So if @Cybnate finds the exchange and tell the exchange to kick the user out, teh exchange has good reason to do it. Returning the fund is another matter. (However ccedk earned bad karma as far as I am concerned when it refused to help exco.in)

Bump