[Passed] LiquidBits term 5 grant - Automatic Liquidity Pool (ALP)

Haven’t seen reports from the other pools, so it seems to be server specific. We haven’t been trying running CCEDK exchange on other pools as far as I’m aware. Would be a bit of trial and error anyway. Rather have some debugging to find the root cause of this. It might be the custom made bots which make the server software not behave or some changes on CCEDK we are not aware off. Anyway it shouldn’t crash the software as it does.

Not being a coder, I’m staying away from changing code myself. Just updating the config files and following the updates on the nu-pool github. If there is some code difference we will learn that in step 2, but unless I made a stupid mistake syncing code in Github, it is unlikely to be the case. At the same time Woolly-sammoth will help me with some code to debug to identify what is causing this.

1 Like

Right I think the best thing to do is outputing a lot of debugging messages to get a clue exactly where the server crashes, then log the context of that part in the next run.

Agree. I’ve already provided some detailed logging, but it still doesn’t give away what is happening. The event is also very random in time and there are two types of exceptions causing the crash. The cause might be the same though. If you are interested in more detail I just shared the latest log here: https://gitter.im/inuitwallet/nu-pool. Any thoughts are welcome.

That error seems to say to me that your config dictionary changed during iteration. I’d put a print statement for maybe the size or type of config before line 800 in server.py. Do you know what steps to take to reproduce the errors, or is it just run it and it errors eventually? Is it at 24 hour intervals or anything?

It is very random, not reproducible at this stage. I’ve done a lot of log analyses to find a trend, but with only 5 examples and seemingly random occurrences it is hard to identify trends.

How would you feel about a proposal for running NuBot at CCEDK to provide liquidity at the NBT/BTC pair?
Would you consider that supportive (for Nu) or a slap in the face (for your ALP operation)?

I could imagine running NuBot at the CCEDK NBT/BTC pair with the funds I used for the ALP bot so far.

Although I’m a proponent of supporting the NBT/USD pair, I’d rather not support that pair in my operation-to-be, because I might end up with USD and could not balance the liquidity or withdraw USD.

I can try setting up an ALP for the NBT/BTC pair on ccedk and see if it errors.

I don’t have much funds left at CCEDK, because I withdrew most of them when I stopped my ALP bot.
I’m willing to support the troubleshooting with the remaining funds, though.

i can help providing some liquidity :wink:
just tell me when.

I won’t be able to setup for another day at least. I have to remember how to open a new port and stuff (shouldn’t be too bad, sam gave us a great resource for server setup a while ago).

i see a lot of
"server response invalid" and i thought that server was out, but then i see it became responsive again!
what is happening today @Cybnate ?
edit: and again down
edit: and again up
:slight_smile:

We actually had a good run in the last 24h and an automatic payout just minutes ago. Doesn’t help for solving the root cause. Let’s see if it stays stable in the next 48h.

BTW Not seeing the issue you report in my logs. What log are you looking at? There was one glitch with socket error during 2 minutes a couple of hours ago. I have seen those before and they are most likely on the CCEDK side (restart of services) and not related to the errors/outage I have seen recently.

Maybe it is best to wait. See above. Just had a good 24h. Maybe the updates and full server restart helped.

1 Like

It is an interesting one, especially the timing. However, I suppose it is not up to me to say whether this is good or not. If you are able to provide the Shareholders with a better deal than I should make place or compete. So please go ahead an make your offer and I may respond. After all besides liquidity provision I’m also a Shareholder :wink:

since you don’t see any hickups then the connection issues should be from my end. i am so happy about it :smile:
now it is working ok, again.

server is down again. i am afraid it isn’t only me that have problems connecting :frowning:

I can confirm this time, it ran stable for more than 3 days. I’m looking into it and adding code for debugging…

1 Like

Back on-line, crash due to same error as I have seen during the previous crashes. Hope the next crash will learn us more what is going on and enable us to fix this very annoying situation.

lost the balance before?

What do you mean with lost the balance? We had an automatic payout just 60 mins ago, so any lost credit is minimal this time. Just lost the server.py service. Restarting it causes all credits to reset to zero.

and then you have to manually send the payouts? general speaking