[Passed] LiquidBits term 4 grant - Automatic Liquidity Pool (ALP)

Planned maintenance

Going to restart the server in next 5 minutes and load the new wrapper for Southexchange and also adding the Cryptsy for testing purposes.
Therefore there will be short outage (<10 minutes) in next hour or so assuming this goes well. Worst case I will roll back adding another up to another 10 minutes. Will also do a manual payout for the accumulated interest later today.

1 Like

Server is back up and running and testing of the Southexchange bot has started.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

LiquidBits is down, the new exchanges are misbehaving and causing server.py to crash.
Investigating, most likely rolling back in next 10 minutes.

1 Like

Right, the Nu daemon also decided to not play nice:

file unknown has LSN 4916/5242988, past end of log at 1/396444
Commonly caused by moving a database from one database environment
to another without clearing the database LSNs, or by removing all of
the log files from a database environment
__db_meta_setup: /home/cybnate/.nu/addr.dat: unexpected file type or format

Will have to rebuild the blockchain probably as I can’t think of anything else. Will see whether I can get server.py started while that is happening. This might result in no payout.

Edit: server is up but can’t submit liquidity until Nu Daemon has synchronised, this might take a few hours. You may chose to cancel your order as I can’t guarantee a payout over this period.

2 Likes

of course i am not going to cancel any order! first priority: pegging :wink:

1 Like

Manual payout underway. This only covers the amount due before the server.py service crash.

The synchronisation with the growing blockchain is very slow and will take into my night before completed. When that is finished I possibly have to restart server.py in order to submit liquidity. If not, a normal payout will occur 24h after last restart which happened a few hours ago.

Again my apologies for this interruption of the LiquidBits service.

have you pin point the problems? are due to the new exchanges or is like the previous server issues?
edit: i read more carefully, it is due to the new exchanges :smile:
have you seen proper behavior of cryptsy bot placing orders? in nuriver i cannot place any order!

No, it was because of the new exchanges. There might have been a problem in the config file. I think I fixed it and I left Cryptsy out just to be sure. When it goes down again I will also roll back Southexchange testing.

1 Like

Another server.py crash. Rolled back to orignal. Nud database again corrupted. Started server.py, but not providing liquidity due to nud issues. Will look into this later today due to other commitments.

My sincere apologies.

perhaps you should setup a new second server only for new exchanges in order to left intact the old ones :wink:

Definitely a consideration, the cost and time have stopped me from doing that. But more important I shouldn’t try testing code myself and leave that to others :wink:

Just restarted the server after getting the Nu daemon synchronised. The server should now be paying out automatically. Will wait until that has happened in about 24 hours from now. When successful I will dive into the logs to verify what backpay can be made based on the available logs. Given time constraints the backpay might take till the weekend as it requires a bit of work this time.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Automatic payout for LiquidBits just occurred automatically and with that I expect the stability returns. As said will look into backpay over the weekend.

2 Likes

I can confirm that a payment arrived less than 2 hours ago.
The payment gap on 27th Sep and tiny payout on 28th Sep is due to the crashed server (and may lead to a manual payout if you have time to dig in the logs over the weekend)?

Yes, that is correct. After that the server crashed another time and I had issues with the Nu daemon. So there will be a nice number of logs to work through for me. Can’t make it any better and my time is only limited.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

perhaps you should consider to quit your daily job (or make it part time) and give NU the time it deserves :wink:
or is it too early for that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to, but Nu can’t cover my basic cost of living yet. Will need to run another 10 ALPs concurrently :wink:

1 Like

I will compete with NuBots for the compensation once we have a fixed cost model. Hah!
…you’d need to get back to work again :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed, in the fixed cost model ALP you will likely get less than what you get now. The deal is good for shareholders but not for LPs. The Dutch auction model was much fairer and more dynamic (with bidding) in my opinion, however we should have limited and aligned the targets of the ALPs which was difficult given the decentralised model we have.