Park Rate Voting

It might be bug of the client.

I believe that would be a very interesting bug to analyse. But you are right anything is possible, some people do win lotto after all. It just appears unlikely to me as bugs tend to be leading to more random results. And I haven’t seen anything like this the last time we had park rates. Will keep a closer eye on some park rate voting behaviours. Lacking a bit of time to analyse data.

Why wouldnt they be round numbers? If all shareholders enter round numbers then park rates will always be round numbers when the system has reached equilibrium. The network settles onto the median number, which is usually a round one. Just check out the response to getparkvotes and you’ll see that everyone is voting in round numbers.

1 Like

Sorry, saw something about a bug mentioned. Can someone explain further what the problem is with whole numbers showing up for park rates? Park rates are calculated using a median and not an average. If many individuals are using whole number park rates there’s a very high possibility the rate chosen from a large set could be whole values.

3 Likes

Agreed. I don’t think it’s odd that the middle number from a group of numbers might be a whole number. Perhaps @Cybnate thought it was taking the mean instead of the median.

2 Likes

I knew it was the median but what median, but still think the round numbers and 1% difference between each active durations was a very coincidental outcome looking at the datafeeds and the votes.

Regarding median, given that the rates have been in broken numbers all the time from zero to where they were yesterday, I understand it is the median over the last 1000 blocks or something like that, so only when the voting doesn’t change over the last 1000 blocks and everyone votes real numbers this coincidence is remotely possible. Assuming no scripts been used by major shareholders which won’t be easy, I still think we could have won third division lotto :slight_smile:

Someone bought $2000 worth of nbt with USD at ccedk, maybe to park? This amount is newsworthy for nbt/usd.

2 Likes

Like to think your park rate bitcointalk thread did work.

2 Likes

I hope so. Just gave it a bump with latest rates.

We have got more than 60k parked nubits but for how many days?
Depending on that we should adjust the rates.

Looking at this:

I think it’s too early to start lowering park rates (knowing that it takes some time for them to come down).

1 Like

That is the big question. We don’t have a good tool to show us this on an ongoing bases, but it is actually crucial information whether to raise or lower the rates. Maybe something for Alix to pick up? @willy.

We’re working on it.

1 Like

We have now 80k parked.
What has been the impact of the buy side liquidity?

Sell side pressure (ask for BTC) was removed. Buy side (bid BTC) is stronger now.

10 days ago:

Current status:

1 Like

Parking rates have once again demonstrated effiency in increasing the buy side over the short term.

So lower them! Im down at 12.

2 Likes

Well the elephant in the room is that btc price trend is also becoming uncertain. We don’t exactly know how much of the reversal is caused by parking.

1 Like

I fear you’re right.
Fot that reason - and because I have no clue about how long the NBT are parked (plus the reserves are still low) I don’t adjust the park interest in my data feed now.

2 Likes

Will also keep my parking rates as is for now for the same reasons.