[NuPool] Announcing: Trustless liquidity pool operation “NuPool” on Bittrex.com has started

Thanks!

1 Like

There is almost no buy side liquidity at the moment…:frowning:

1 Like

It was pulled, no idea what happened. I sent some BTC from my personal funds. Not sure how LPCs want to bring up 50k the next months.

1 Like

Tks.

That is indeed worrying :frowning:

The same seems to be happening in nulagoon. Almost no buy side I believe.

1 Like

5k in buy side now.

1 Like

I was wondering. Would it make sense to display the evolution of NAV of one’s own fund like NuLagoon provides in NuPool’s client start?

It implies you must specify a fund initial value manually.

Example:

• You deposit some quantity n into the exchange.
  • You start with some quantity m (m<=n)
  • You run the bot
  • The bot displays (accumulated reward + current fund value)/m as the real-time return ratio.

I feel a lot of providers want to know how much their fund performs in an absolute way.

It looks like the client is checking the orders periodically and adding an amount to my balance, if this is 0.25% per check, where do you get the 0.25% per day value from? i.e. 0.25% of what per day?

Also, is the balance in NBT or BTC?

Yes, per day. However, you are getting liquidity credited every minute. How much depends on the orders you have set and if their proof arrives at the server and the exchange. The liquidity amount seen by the server over the last minute is shown in the output of your client.

So the interest rate shows a “per day” value as you correctly say, but internally its broken down to a per minute payout. The balance is NBT.

Does this mean that ‘per day’ doesn’t really mean anything?

Is there a way to calculate what the payout would be for a given day considering that the amount in the order is a dynamic value that is unpredictable?

No, if your liquidity changes a lot it is hard to guess how much you get per day. But usually your liquidity is pretty constant and if you have 100% efficiency as most clients then you can take this number as very robust estimate for your daily payout.

It only becomes unpredictable if you either have a bad connection to the server, or if you are in competition with other pool participants because the target was reached. But you will never get less than your minimal interest rate set, even if this means that your bot has to remove some of your funds from the order book.

So do I multiply interest rate times liquidity and multiply by 1440? (minutes per day)

No you sum up the liquidity shown in your client each minute and multiply it be the interest over one day and divide this value by 1440 and you will have your payout. The interest rate shown there is a “per day” value. You can also just divide the interest rate you see by 1440 and consider at every minute. This is the value shown after “ppm” (payout per minute).

2 Likes

0 buy side liquidity currently: {“credits”: 37628, “users”: 11, “validations”: 451543, “liquidity”: [0.0, 7938.904999999996], “sampling”: 12}

why is the pybot of bittrex not picking up any bid orders? Has been 0 for a while now…
ask orders are fine though…

HI @PinkyAndTheBrain. Thanks for the heads up. I’m investigating now. I know there is a bug which causes the bot to not place all balance on order when certain conditions are met. I think the changing BTC price may be causing those conditions to be met more often.
Restarting the bot normally fixes the issue but is far from ideal. I’m hoping that the coming NuBot release will cure a lot of the issues we are seeing with the current implementation

Edit: There was a low hanging ask order that was preventing bid orders from being placed. I’ve cleared that now and (hopefully) the client should act normally now.

Yah, I implemented an automatic restart on the tllp client because of stuff like this. The bugs in our tllp system are a little embarrassing, but I’m also hopeful that fixing issues farther down the line will cure some of these bugs.

2 Likes

I agree. The issue is that the bugs are all in the portion of code that is most complicated and lacks explanation. The NuBot update does address a lot of the issues but will, I’m sure, add a few issues of it’s own. I’m concentrating on that release as a priority now.

2 Likes

How do you restart the tllp client automatically without just killing the process (which doesn’t delete the orders as it’s no clean shutdown)?
All my bots (I have one at liquidbits, nupondCNY and nupool :wink: ) are running remarkably stable at the moment, but I’d like to know anyway.

1 Like

At the moment that’s it I’m afraid. If you are running on just a single exchange and running the TLLP client in the traditional way it should shutdown cleanly and cancel the orders. The issue arises if you run the client in the background with `nohup`` and the like, or using the run_client script for multiple exchanges. Then the shutdown is forced and the orders aren;t cancelled.
I’ll add this need to the todo list for the next release.

So at the moment something like this is the best you can do?

#!/bin/bash echo "starting nupool in the background" function background_loop while :; do pkill -f client.py ~/apps/nupool/unix/client >/dev/null 2>&1 sleep 600 done background_loop &

I would very much welcome you putting other ways of shutting down a tllp client to your todo list :wink:
…this would provide an even better liquidity, because tllp bots wouldn’t go nuts and kepp the funds off the order book…

2 Likes