NuEU

Tough question. I trust the collective decision-making ability of our shareholders to decide when that should occur.

I would much rather see the important mechanisms (NSR-for-NBT burning, variable transaction fees) implemented first on one product (NuBits) before we have to worry about their effect on multiple products (NuEuro, NuYuan, etc.). There would be a tremendous amount of work involved in lining up LPCs, re-branding the main Nu website to an enterprise-wide portal that serviced multiple currencies, etc.

There are also tangential issues relating to what happens if one of our newer products - say NuEuro - loses its peg, and its reputational effects on our core NuBits product. Looking even further into the future, if we dream of NuBits one day being a dominant independent global currency that is pegged to a basket of goods, commodities, or economic concept (like iGDP), there are serious issues involved with having multiple lesser currencies that would grow out of favor and need to be retired.

So, I don’t think it’s a decision to make lightly. I’m not sure how much of a first-mover advantage could realistically be gained by a competitor. Unless they succeeded in lining up multiple LPCs, negotiating exchange support, and building a website (all in secret), we would have plenty of time to launch a similar product. The Nu team has developed a fairly extensive network of contacts that cannot be easily replicated by a copycat project.

Your post gave me an idea for a motion I will present soon though.

1 Like

I think 2015 is going to be a storm of innovations and services and I think there is a sizable chance we will see more stable cryptocurrencies hitting the market. We already have tether as a new competitor for pegged usd. Soon(now?) i imagine china will have this demand as well.

1 Like

I agree. And I see Nu being the leader in this field.