NuBits client 2.1 RC2 is out! Be patient - official 2.1 release still in testing!

Excellent news. I can try this on my Pi2 next week.

That should be fixed in the new RC3.

Note that there are major internal changes in this release and you should backup your datadir before upgrading. The whole block index will be rewritten during the first startup and this may take some time. I’m not sure you can run the 2.0 client on the rewritten index.

Downloading the blockchain is very slow. I’m not under very ideal networking conditions, but it was much faster before on the same network.

i just realized that the 64b version is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder of win7

edit: zero active connections after 1 hour!

Maybe DNS is malfunctioning?

try adding some of these

A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:46.101.49.165 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:5.135.184.184 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:96.46.29.134 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:79.165.45.95 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:94.23.252.118 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:74.71.28.67 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:91.220.43.146 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:81.169.207.53 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:85.214.145.24 ttl:300
A name:nuseed.coinerella.comaddress:62.75.163.12 ttl:300

to your nu.conf with

addnode=1.2.3.4

Any update on this? I’ve been encountering some issues with my 2.0 client (long loading times, lots of orphans, blockchain download freezing, etc…) It may be because I’m running everything on an older and slower computer. I figured maybe the new version might fix my problems, since it’s supposed to use less resources.

I’m hoping the same. Firefox with a gazillion tabs and Nu are competing over resources. :no_mouth:

It’s been 27 days and counting since I stopped minting (and voting).

There are many changes going into 2.1 so it’s taking extra time to make sure things are squared away. It’s not just the memory improvements.

1 Like

我的2.1不能在2.0上更新,全部从新下载区块,并且卡在了598316这里,一天不会更新。请给予帮助,谢谢了。

Nu 2.1 is still in testing. @luxiang7890 is stuck on block 598,316.

另一台电脑又卡在了605695,现在要重新下载2.0版本,不知道安装有啥技巧,希望得到指导,谢谢了。

怒江2.1還處於測試

你試試這個?

Is Nu 2.1 testing still progressing?

CoinGame posted this yesterday in another thread…

I’ve been working with sigmike the past two days on trying to resolve it. He’s looking at the code. It seems to be mostly a windows issue which helps narrow things down a bit. From there I’ll try to get some more RC builds posted for the community to help test. If we get good feedback we can probably cut the release build after that.

1 Like

I would like to see a new area in NU wallet to monitor the balance of a few addresses.
For example:

Yes, i am awful in photoshop :slight_smile:

Just found another bug in v2.1 RC8-beta (which you shouldn’t really use) with the parking.

Although the parking amount shows up in the overview screen, the actual park transaction doesn’t show in the ‘Park’ window. Unfortunately the funds have been parked till 2 November, so it will be a while to find out whether the transaction still worked and that it is only a display/gui issue. @sigmike

In v2.01/v2.03 the parking works as it should. Tested that recently.

Edit: a wallet restart fixed the problem.

2 Likes

Thanks @Cybnate for helping us move this a little closer to release. It would be great to see the optimization release actively developed again. @sigmike what are the prospects you will facilitate that?

I don’t know what remains to be done to make it stable. But I can make a proposal to merge @woodstockmerkle optimizations, fix the known bugs and make a new release candidate.

1 Like