NuBits Android kickstarter-style pre-funding and roadmap - Please donate now!

Done. TBH I simply didnā€™t notice this thread. Maybe make it pinned?

1 Like

I could make it pinned but it wonā€™t stay up there when looking at ā€œlatestā€ posts

Donations are dropping in slowly, now over 70 NBT. Hope we will see a bit more over this weekend! First target is 250 NBT

Tip: Buy a few NuBits to get into your Android wallet to test it properly. When you have done that you transfer a good bunch of them to the donation address and complete the testing and post a review on Google Apps site.

Letā€™s move those NBTs across some wallets!!

1 Like

There are 10 more NBT incoming, but pending:
http://blockexplorer.nu/transactions/8d974b8042031ec34d01effec37840c22cf1e7f77388eb6bda783da74d6f196b
The transaction seems to be in limbo after first being included in an orphaned blockā€¦

1 Like

it must be something with the explorer. The tx has been confirmed in this block , as found by @sigmike

Donating using the Android wallet and the QR code works great :smile:

1 Like

For convenience (AND thanks to @woolly_sammoth!) here the NBT QR codeā€¦
@assistant qrcode BAKuK27iCAaNxkM5LGbAYdoY8CXSCSP8A7 pleeeease :slight_smile:

Hi @masterOfDisaster

Here is the QR Code of BAKuK27iCAaNxkM5LGbAYdoY8CXSCSP8A7:

2 Likes

Can confirm the transaction in my wallet. Thank you all who donated. We are now at just over 100 NBT with about a week to go.

Every bit helps. 10 from me.
450862ba3411f2db617990304874a38b68f80a614c9e17fe99174a5b6273ba19

3 Likes

Here is a quick update: just over 130 NBT. Thanks for the recent donations.

Iā€™m currently working with the developer to price the first 3 items of the roadmap. The Shapeshift item (item 2) takes a bit more time to work through but I hope to post a proposal for a custodial grant in the next 7-10 days.

In the mean time I do hope to get some more indication in the form of donations that there is support to invest in this significant piece of work.

1 Like

This got lost in the shuffle for me as well. I just donated. Iā€™d also like to see a custodial grant. Getting the Android wallet pimped out is a worthy cause.

Same. I donā€™t quite understand the ā€œdonationsā€ approach rationale provided; I would expect that a custodial grant would pass quite easily, and spread the cost equally among all shareholders. I think this is an excellent project to undertake to increase our mobile capabilities and I like the proposed roadmap @Cybnate has provided.

1 Like

Thanks for the latest donations, the counter stands at over 195 NBT right now.
I have asked Matthew to find a place in the App to show the aliases of all the people who donated openly in this thread. So hopefully you will be electronically engraved as supporting an App which will make history as probably the first stable coin (NBT) wallet able to seamlessly transfer funds to merchants only accepting foreign cryptocoins (e.g. Bitcoins, Peercoins or Litecoins). Who doesnā€™t want to be part of that? :sunglasses:

Update: with about 24 hours to go for the Kickstarter and only about 195 NBT donated, I strongly suspect that we wonā€™t hit the target for release 2 (2,250 NBT). The question is whether people think the value-add of release 2 and 3 is inadequate or the functionality is not desired. Or that this community really expects to have funds raised solely by custodial grant.

Have to admit that many have told me off-line that the latter is likely the case. In that case it is great that we have still raised almost 200 NBT counting as a vote of confidence. Thanks again for that.

To add to this I noticed that the number of downloads on Google-Play jumped from the 20-50 bracket to the 50-100 bracket somewhere in the last few days. That is encouraging as it shows more people are interested in using this.

Based on all of this, I decided to continue preparing a custodial grant covering the items in release 1 and 2 and the first bullet of release 3. I decided to drop the other bullets given the costs and duration of the entire proposal after further estimates were done. The work for release 2 is significant as there are many variables and potential error conditions which need to be dealt with. I still think it is worth to invest in what is effectively a stable value NuBits wallet which you can use to pay at merchants only accepting Bitcoins.

I hope to finish the negotiations with the Developer and present you with a draft custodial grant proposal in the next few days or week.

Stay tuned.

1 Like

Cybnate, I just donated 44.99 NBT to this. I believe the added Shapeshift functionality is very important. It will give us the opportunity to advertise NuBits and this stable value wallet to all the coin communities that Shapeshift currently supports, helping us to increase awareness.

For example, we can let Bitcoin supporters know that if there is a certain amount of Bitcoin theyā€™d like to keep on their mobile wallet for merchant use, (but donā€™t want the value of that money to fluctuate) they can download the NuBits wallet, send their bitcoins to the wallet and immediately have them converted to price stable NuBits, but still be able to instantly convert back to pay merchants that only accept Bitcoin. I think this could be important to a lot of people.

I donā€™t know about the technical aspects involved, but maybe this functionality could even be added into the qt client as well in the future, so it would be supported on both mobile and desktop wallets.

Also, I think itā€™s responsible to try and raise money first, rather than printing out new NuBits to foot the bill. I just donā€™t think our community is there yet to do that on a larger scale. Maybe in the future weā€™ll have a version of Lighthouse for NuBits and a community large enough to donate NuBits or shareholder dividends to various important projects like this. For now at least, I donā€™t think we should wait for donations. This functionality is very important and I donā€™t think we should sit on it and wait.

1 Like

I just donated 20.01 NBT

1 Like

Thanks Mark and Sentinelrv. That was a nice last minute surprise. So we have now 260 NBT donated. Will put this against the cost of release 1 and lower the grant request.
Will close the donation round/kickstarter round now and as mentioned in my previous post just stay tuned for the proposal.

The draft proposal have been posted here: [Draft] Proposal for continuing developments on NuBits Android wallet. Hopefully voting can start within a week. Keep your clients ready :wink:

1 Like