##Important notes

• This upgrade is mandatory. You MUST upgrade your client before
    November 7, 2014 at 14:00:00 UTC on mainnet (testnet already
    switched)

###Features

• NuShares holders can now vote for multiple motions when they mint

###Bug fixes

• Minimum PoS dificulty has been removed
  • Client crashing when coins attempt to unpark has been resolved.

###Maintenance

• New client checkpoint lockin added.
6 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Binaries for ARMv6/RaspberryPi pleaaaase! :slight_smile:

Okay.

1 Like

Love how quick the development is.

Shared on Peercoin’s Twitter and Facebook.

1 Like

ARM Daemon is available here

Note that this is an unofficial build and should not be used for production purposes. Evaluation and testing only please.

2 Likes

I try to run the ARM binary on Raspberry B+ with latest raspbian. I got

./nud: error while loading shared libraries: libminiupnpc.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don’t know where to find/install libminiupnpc.so.10. What should I do now?

The instructions from Peerunity should work.

$ mkdir miniupnpc
$ cd miniupnpc
$ wget "http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/files/download.php?file=miniupnpc-1.9.tar.gz"
$ tar -zxvf download.php?file=miniupnpc-1.9.tar.gz
$ cd miniupnpc-1.9/
$ sudo make install
$ cd ~/

Thanks for the pointer. I have succesfully installed the lib and started the nu daemon on the r-pi! The daemon is sync’ing and can answer rpc commands.

For those who also want to try, here are some details that may or may not be relevant – I followed Tea42’s instruction for setting up peerunity on a Raspberry to setup the r-pi, except I didn’t borther to remove “unneeded and risky applications” as instructed in install_peercoin.sh. The peerunity crashes for some reason but nu is working.

Installing libminiupnp via apt works as well - at least almost. A little work is still needed when installing the lib that way:

I’ll build them with the dependencies included next time around. Sorry for the trouble.

No worries… thank you for fulfilling these kind of special requests (like having binaries for RaPi)!
…imo an official build for ARM devices will become important once NuShares is more mainstream than it is now - especially if it not open source by then.

Thanks for pointing out the linking trick. Following CoinGame’s instruction to install it only took about three minutes.

Good to hear that it only took 3 minutes. I avoid compiling on a RaPi wherever I can. I mean, even installing via apt is slow on Raspbian.
I wonder how a Peercoin client or Nubits client can run that smooth on this kind of device :slight_smile:

It’s got 700MHz! We used to think a 25MHz '286 was fast.

Mine got 800 MHz - I decided to overclock it a little bit.
…and I remember the times of C64, Atari ST, Amiga 500, etc. very well - those times when 25 MHz on IBM compatible felt horribly slow and almost unusable compared to operating systems like TOS or Workbench…

…but before I completely lose focus:
it’s great that RaPi can be used for running PoS wallets (like Nu, Peercoin, etc.).
Being able to use low-power-low-cost devices is one of the most important reasons to counter the main incentive for PoW centralization!
So thank you again @CoinGame for allowing us to play with the ARM binary of the Nu client!
This is important!

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.